Enjoy a corner office with a view.
GO is looking for drivers. Our drivers take pride in delivering a safe and comfortable ride for all customers. There are many great reasons to join our team. Here are just a few:
- Exceptional training and team support
- Great pay and benefits
- Child care benefits
- Exceptional work life balance
- Employee and family support programs
- Professional uniforms
This bus doesn’t drive itself.
As a GO bus driver, you fulfill a critical role by providing an exceptional bus transit service to GO Transit’s valued customers, as set out in our Passenger Charter. Your commitment to delivering a safe and positive customer experience on every trip aligns with the vision to become our passengers’ preferred choice for inter-regional travel in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
- Safe and timely operation of buses on various routes serviced by GO in all weather and traffic conditions.
- Assist customers by providing accessibility and special-needs support, loading/unloading baggage and supplying information about the service.
- Sell tickets, give change, issue transfers, reconcile cash sales with inventory, and deposit cash receipts.
- Perform pre- and post-trip bus inspections and maintain vehicle cleanliness.
Have more questions? Visit our Bus Driver Recruitment Process FAQ to lean more.
It’s time to enjoy the ride.
Take command of our impressive fleet.
425 horsepower, 1,200lb-ft of torque, 8 wheels.
It’s The Bus. From GO. The GO Bus.
More about our bus service.
GO bus service was introduced in 1970 to help extend the GO service area and service window not attainable by train. Nearly 50 years later, this trend continues. The GO bus service area is vast, connecting communities to the broader regional transit network. Currently, the routes either serve to replace some train service outside of rush hour, or they offer connections beyond the reach of the seven rail lines.
- Number of terminals: 15 Number of terminals: 15
- Number of route kms: 2,796 km
- Number of routes: 44
- Number of weekly bus trips: 13,939 (an increase of 13% since 2009)
- Annual passenger trips: 16.7M (an increase of 34% since 2008)
- Park and ride lots: 34