Our new buses and train cars are in service to make your trips more accessible and comfortable.
We've put new low-height, low-floor double-decker buses in service, and we've started putting hundreds of new train cars in service too. By 2020, we'll have a total of 253 buses and 327 new train cars.
Free Wi-Fi on some GO Trains and Buses
On April 23, we began an eight-week field trial to test free Wi-Fi on four GO buses and, for the first time ever on two GO trains.
Benefits of the New Train Cars
Along with giving you more ways to get around and a more comfortable ride, the new train cars give you:
- More leg room, and more space between and underneath seats for bags and luggage.
- Thicker cushions on the seats and head rests, and moveable arm rests.
- Washrooms with electric hand dryers, and touchless faucets and soap dispensers.
- Additional floor heat to keep temperatures warmer during the winter months.
- Floors that decrease the train's noise, for a quieter ride.
- Softer lighting that is easier on your eyes.
- Doorways without a centre pole that allow for more space when getting in and out of the train car - especially with strollers and bikes.
Benefits of the New Double-Decker Buses
The new low-floor, low-height double-deckers are 39 cm lower than our first generation of double-decker buses, and 24 cm lower than the second generation. The new buses can clear more bridges and trees, and as a result, travel on more routes. The new double-decker buses give you:
- Lower floors, and a longer, more gradual ramp for easier boarding and exiting.
- Two wider areas for maneuvering with mobility devices.
- Eight electrical outlets (4 on each level), with 2 in the wheeled mobility device area.
- Automated next-stop announcements and visual displays for consistent and timely information.
- More space to store your luggage.
- Reclining seats on the lower floor.
- Tinted windows for increased UV protection and temperature control.