If you drive to a station with one or more passengers and your station offers carpool parking, then you can apply for a free carpool parking permit.
The permit lets you park in a carpool parking space at your station, before 9:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. You may park only one vehicle in a carpool parking space at any one time.
No new applications are being accepted for King City, Maple, Long Branch, Mimico, Etobicoke North, Weston and Centennial GO Stations at this time as a result of a large waiting list.
How to Apply for a Permit
- See if your station offers carpool parking.
- Find a carpool match.
- Apply for a free carpool parking permit.
- Display it in your car on the days you park at a carpool spot.
Using Carpool Parking
Once you have a carpool parking permit, here’s how to use it.
- You are not guaranteed a carpool parking space. The spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, before 9:30 a.m.
- You only can park in a carpool parking space before 9:30 a.m. (Monday to Friday, excluding holidays) and on the days which you carpool—when you drive with one or more passengers.
- You must hang a carpool tag in your vehicle to use a carpool parking space. One tag will be issued for each vehicle in your carpool.
- If you park in a carpool parking space before 9:30 a.m. without a carpool parking permit or without at least one passenger, your vehicle may be ticketed or towed.
- If you see someone else parking in a carpool parking space before 9:30 a.m. without a permit or without at least one passenger, call Transit Safety Dispatch at 1-877-297-0642.
- You can change the details of your carpool parking contract at any time, by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using this Customer Information Change Request Form. Including updates to your mailing/email address, vehicle license plate(s), request a replacement for a lost permit etc.