Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
Rutherford GO Station Improvement
- Rutherford GO Station Improvement
We're Transforming Your Station!
Major construction at Rutherford GO Station is complete. The station upgrades bring better connections, improved access to transit and modern customer amenities.
Construction on the new reserved bicycle parking room (east side) at Rutherford GO Station is now complete.
How You'll Benefit
New features include:
- The entirely new and improved Rutherford GO station building is about 7,000 square feet with updated amenities including customer washrooms, digital displays, and spacious waiting areas. It is fully accessible with ramps, railings, and accessible washroom facilities.
- New elevators on both platforms to connect to the pedestrian tunnel.
- A new parking structure was built to provide 1,200 new spaces.
- Improved train platforms including shelters, canopies, and digital displays.
- An upgraded bus loop for more seamless connections to GO buses and York Region Transit.
- Opening this summer, a pedestrian bridge over Rutherford Road and connecting pedestrian paths will provide pedestrians and cyclists another way to access GO and municipal transit.
- To prepare for GO Expansion a second pedestrian bridge and new east platform has been constructed and will open when additional trains are running in the future. This bridge will provide a safe and convenient crossing over the tracks.
We're working with the City of Vaughan to improve access in and out of the station, which we know has become challenging as ridership has grown over the last number of years.
Updated February 13, 2023 | Renderings subject to change.