We're Improving Your Station!
We're enhancing safety features at your station, as part of GO Expansion.
We’re halfway through your platform improvements. On November 6, we’re opening the south side of the platform and closing the north side. Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going.
Starting November 6, when travelling from Barrie South GO:
- Use the south side of the platform to get on your train. The ramp will still be available to those who need to use the accessible car.
- Use our online map and signage at the station to help you get on the GO.
- Remember to spread out along the platform and use all available coaches to make boarding faster and help us keep on schedule.
When travelling from Union Station to Barrie South:
- Please board the coaches on the east end of the train, closest to Bay Street. Only those coaches will open at Barrie South GO.
- Check the boarding guide online before your trip.
- Listen to the announcements on your train. If you are unsure, please ask your customer service ambassador for assistance.
Map of construction area at Barrie South GO
We anticipate all amenities being ready for you and construction wrapping up by the beginning of December.
As well, work is continuing on a new radio tower at the station. We expect to reopen the 26 parking spaces we closed on the south-east side of the lot in mid November.
How You Will Benefit
These upgrades are some of the early works we are carrying out as part of GO Expansion, to enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations. GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go. At your station this means you’ll benefit from new yellow tiles at the edge of the platform to remind you how far back to stand. The best commute is always a safe one.
How to Stay in the Know
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. If you haven’t already, sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts to stay informed. Signing up is easy and you can customize your alerts to your station and schedule. You can also follow the Barrie line on Twitter @GOtransitBR.
Updated: November 1, 2019