We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are coming to Bramalea GO Station. We're adding parking, updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and creating more connections.
We're continuing work to improve your station, which means some temporary changes to how you park at the station and how you access the platforms and board your train.
The Centre Pedestrian Tunnel is Closed
The Centre Pedestrian Tunnel is closed so we can complete important upgrades on the west and centre portions of the island platform. This will mean some temporary changes to how you access the platforms at the station:
- Use the east tunnel to access the island platform (platforms 2 and 3). There is currently no train service on the south platform (platform 4).
- A temporary accessible ramp is available for you to use on the east end of the island platform near the elevator. If you don’t need to use the accessible ramp or the accessible coach, please leave it for those who do.
- Your safety is our priority. Please practice physical distancing and spread out as much as possible along the available platform when boarding the train.
The Centre Pedestrian Tunnel will be closed permanently. In its place, we’re building you a new accessible pedestrian tunnel at the west end of the station that is expected to open later this year.
No Train Service to South Platform
We’ve temporarily suspended train service on the south platform. All trains are serving the island platform.
Do not use the south platform if you need an elevator to access the station building, bus loop or parking lot on the north side. There are no elevators in service from the south platform.
Train Boarding Guidelines
While we work on upgrading the platforms, please follow these temporary boarding changes:
At Bramalea GO
- Look for signs to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform to help keep us on time.
- A temporary accessible ramp is available for you to use on the east end of the island platform near the elevator.
- Due to recent service changes, you may have to adjust where you normally board your train. Some coaches will not open from outside of the train. Please spread out along the platform and keep the accessibility coach available for those who need it most.
At Union Station
- Be sure to listen to the announcements on the train that will let you know which cars open at Bramalea GO.
Bramalea GO Construction map
Parking spots are available at the Canadian Tire parking lot across Bramalea Road. Please use the temporary lot until we finish improving your station. Follow the orange GO Transit signage to the protected walkway that will lead you to the station. It will take you under Bramalea Rd. to the east end of the bus loop
You have options to get to the GO. Learn about your walking, transit, cycling or carpooling options during construction.
Zoom in, find your home “zone” and click the number to find out more. Click the right arrow to expand the pop-up dialog box.
- We’ve completed 75% of the new south platform. Construction of this platform is expected to be complete by September 2020.
- We expect to finish improving both platforms by early 2021. When we’re finished, the platforms will feature a snow-melt system that will safely clear the platform of snow and ice, overhead canopies to protect you from the weather. The platforms will also be expanded to accommodate 12-car trains.
- The future parking garage is starting to take shape. We’ve finished the structural work this spring, and the parking garage should be open by spring 2021.Once complete, the second floor of the parking garage will provide you with direct access to Bramalea Road North.
- Over the next several months, we’re going to install multiple elevators to make the platforms and parking garage accessible.
- Underground work has started for a new station building.
How You Will Benefit
This transformation will make it easier to access your station and bring you more service. Here’s what we have planned:
- A new station building linked to a parking garage, adding close to 1,300 spaces
- A new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- Improved bus platforms for GO Transit and Brampton Transit, with a dedicated Züm bus loop
- Bike storage room
- New retail spaces
- Improved access to Bramalea Road
- New accessible pedestrian tunnel at the west end of the station
- Enhanced safety features including new emergency call systems and upgraded lighting
- Platform improvements with a snow-melt system that will clear the platform of snow and ice, canopies to protect you from weather. The platforms will also be expanded to accommodate 12-car trains.
We expect that new station amenities will open in 2021.
These improvements support GO expansion plans for more frequent, reliable service on the Kitchener line. Learn more about plans for Kitchener GO expansion.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Bramalea On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
Updated May 26, 2020 | Rendering subject to change