We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are coming to Bramalea GO Station. We're adding parking, updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and creating more connections.
Read the information on this page to better understand what’s changing at your station, options for how to get on the GO during construction and describe all the new amenities you’ll experience when we’re finished. When you're done, please answer one question to rate the helpfulness of content on this page. Share your feedback here.
We have relocated 492 spaces from the north parking lot to the Canadian Tire lot, so we can begin excavating your new parking garage.
The spots we’ve leased at Canadian Tire are located directly across the street from the Bramalea Road entrance and are connected to the station by a protected walkway, which is marked with signage. Here’s how you can get to the lot:
- Traveling northbound on Bramalea Rd: turn right into the lot, just south of Steeles Ave. (opposite the Bramalea entrance to the station)
- Traveling southbound on Bramalea Rd: turn left into the lot just south of Steeles Ave. (opposite the Bramalea entrance to the station)
- Traveling eastbound on Steeles Ave: turn right into the Canadian Tire Gas Bar, just east of Bramalea Rd., then drive south into the temporary lot
- Traveling westbound on Steeles Ave: turn left onto Bramalea Rd., then left into the temporary lot (opposite the Bramalea entrance to the station)
Follow the orange GO Transit signage to the protected walkway that will lead you to the station. It will take you under Bramalea Rd. to the east end of the bus loop.
Bramalea GO Station
Important information about accessible service at Bramalea GO station:
- As of April 8, two new morning trains will use a temporary platform on the south side of the station, which has no elevator access to the north side of the station. If you need to use an elevator, do not take either of these trains.
- All other morning trains will depart from the regular platform, which has elevator access to the station building, north parking lot and bus loop.
- Remember! In the afternoon, you’ll need to take the 4:32 p.m. westbound train from Union to Bramalea if you require accessible and direct access to the south lot. This is the only westbound train that uses the temporary platform.
Here are some other changes you should be aware of at the station:
- 250 parking spaces in the north parking lot, next to Steeles Ave., have been closed to work on underground utilities before we start construction on the new parking garage. These spaces are scheduled to re-open in the spring. More parking closures will be required as construction of the parking garage continues.
- In the western section of the north lot, 170 parking spaces remain closed while we build a space for buses to pick up and drop off passengers throughout the project, as the current bus loop is located where the new station will go. We are also excavating a new accessible tunnel.
- The east half of the island platform is being upgraded before we improve the other side next year. Train door restrictions will continue until platform work is complete in 2020.
You have options to get to the GO. Learn about your walking, transit, cycling or carpooling options during construction.
Zoom in, find your home “zone” and click the number to find out more. Click the right arrow to expand the pop-up dialog box.
How You Will Benefit
We’re making progress in the transformation of your station:
- We’ve finished excavating the west tunnel and are now installing infrastructure to support three new elevators. The tunnel is expected to open this fall.
- We’ve built the frames for the new platform canopies at the east end of the platform and installed electrical systems for upgraded safety and security amenities.
- This spring we’ll complete the underground works for the new parking structure and station building before re-opening the 250 spaces near Steeles Avenue and Bramalea Road.
This transformation will make it easier to access your station and bring you more service. Here’s what we have planned:
- A new station building linked to a parking garage, adding close to 1,300 spaces
- A new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- Improved bus platforms for GO Transit and Brampton Transit, with a dedicated Züm bus loop
- Secure bicycle storage
- New retail spaces
- Improved access to Bramalea Road
- New accessible pedestrian tunnel at the west end of the station
- Enhanced safety features including new emergency call systems and upgraded lighting
- Platform improvements with a snow-melting system, canopies and capacity for 12-car trains
We expect that new station amenities will open in 2021.
These improvements support GO expansion plans for more frequent, reliable service on the Kitchener line. Learn more about plans for Kitchener GO expansion.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Bramalea On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
Updated March 29, 2019 | Rendering subject to change