It’s Time to Transform Your Station!
(Rendering is subject to change)
What This Means For You
This fall we’re starting construction on a new parking garage that will add close to 1,300 spaces. To carry out this work we will close approximately 700 parking spaces in the area adjacent to the bus loop. Additional parking is being constructed on the east side of Bramalea Road, next to the Canadian Tire, which will connect to the station by a pedestrian walkway.
We will provide you with more details about the timing of this work as soon as it is available.
In the western section of the north lot, 170 parking spaces remain closed while we build a space for buses to pick up and drop off passengers throughout the project, as the current bus loop is located where the new station will go. We are also excavating a new tunnel. The south parking lot can be accessed by Alfred Kuehne Blvd.
Remember to please board and exit your train at one of the cars east of the accessible ramp. Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform. We’re working on the east side of the train platform this year and then switching to the other side next year.
When We’re Finished
This transformation will make it easier to access your station and bring you more service. Here’s what we have planned:
- A new station building linked to a parking garage, adding close to 1,300 spaces
- A new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- Improved bus platforms for GO Transit and Brampton Transit, with a dedicated Züm bus loop
- Secure bicycle storage
- New retail spaces
- Upgraded station access
- New accessible pedestrian tunnel at the west end of the station and upgraded elevators in tunnels
- Enhanced safety features including new emergency call systems and upgraded lighting
- Platform improvements with a snow-melting system, canopies and capacity for 12-car trains
We expect that new station amenities will open in 2021.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Bramalea On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
These improvements support the infrastructure for 15-minute, two-way all day service, bringing fast, frequent and reliable service to your neighbourhood.