A new station in Stoney Creek means more GO service for the Hamilton community!
We’ve broken ground on the site, which will serve as a Park & Ride lot with bus service before train service begins. The new, fully accessible station will include:
- A station building to house ticket sales, shops, and waiting area
- An island platform with a pedestrian tunnel
- Heated train shelters and platform canopies
- Accessible platform with elevators
- Bus loop with heated shelters
- Kiss & Ride
- Vehicle and bike parking
- Direct stair access from the platform to Centennial Parkway
We’ll be sure to keep you updated with photos and timelines as they are available.
Providing more GO stations closer to riders is a key part of our plans, which is why we're hard at work planning and designing a new station at Casablanca Boulevard in Grimsby. We also have plans to renovate the existing VIA Rail stations in St. Catharines and Niagara Falls.
These additions will help us provide you with better service and lead to a more comfortable journey from start to finish.
Learn more about our renovation plans.
Note: Station renderings are preliminary subject to change