New Construction At Your Station
Cooksville GO Construction Map
Construction on the future Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project:
Starting Wednesday, March 10, there will be changes to station parking due to construction related to the Hurontario LRT project.
- The parking lot, on the east side of Hurontario Street, just south of the tracks, will be closed so we can store construction materials.
- The parking lot on the west side of Hurontario Street, just south of the tracks, remains closed for construction.
- There is still plenty of parking available for you at the station.
Please give yourself extra time to get to the station during construction. Please follow signs and be careful around construction equipment and fenced off areas until this work is complete. We will provide you with updates in advance of any future changes at your station.
With the new 18-kilometre Hurontario LRT, communities across Mississauga and Brampton will find better, more convenient ways in which to live, work and play. The Hurontario LRT will connect the Milton and Lakeshore West GO lines, along with local transit links like MiWay, Brampton Transit, Züm, and Mississauga Transitway at Square One. With 19 stops and its own dedicated lane, the Hurontario LRT ensures a smooth, fast, convenient ride between Mississauga and Brampton without the annoying traffic.
We've Transformed Your Station!
Your New and Improved Station is Officially Open!
We’ve transformed Cooksville GO Station making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and more GO services.
As part of the GO Expansion program, we've added a new parking structure with pedestrian bridge to the platforms, station building, tunnels and other amenities.
Here's How You Benefit
- New station building and east pavilion, with a large public plaza
- 750+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- New passenger pick-up and drop-off (Kiss & Ride)
- Repaired parking lots
- New station entrance from Hurontario Street
- New indoor waiting area at Bus Loop
- New platforms with tactile yellow safety tiles, digital signs, canopied shelters and a snowmelt system.
- Upgraded pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms.
- Accessible parking on the first and fourth floors of the new parking garage.
Enabled More Connections
- Your station is a transit hub connecting customers to GO Transit (rail and bus service), Mississauga transit and the future Hurontario LRT.
- Eight new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service.
Coming soon will be a secure bike room in the new east pavilion building for you to store your bike.
In the future, this transit hub will also include connections to the Hurontario LRT, with an estimated completion in fall 2024.
Important Information Regarding Changes At Your Station
Trains on the Milton line continue to be six cars long. Please look down the platform when the train approaches as you may need to adjust where you’re waiting. Be sure to use all available doors to board and listen for station announcements.
New Kiss & Ride
- We've closed the current Kiss & Ride and opened a new one on the east side of the station.
- You can access it from the newly opened John Street, west of Hurontario Street. Check our map to see the new Kiss & Ride location.
New Bus Loop
- There's a new bus loop on the north side of the parking garage, giving you easier access to the pedestrian tunnel inside the garage.
- GO buses are using the new bus loop and starting on October 7. MiWay buses: routes 28 and 91, are using the new location to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Please board route 28 at platform 6 and route 91 at platform 7.
- MiWay buses: routes 28 and 91, will no longer use the north-west corner of Hurontario Street and John Street to pick up and drop off passengers.
- We’re installing digital signs that will provide you with trip information in the future. This means that bus platforms may be temporarily relocated. Please follow signs to find your platform.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
- The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station.
Stay In The Know
We will keep you in the know about construction at your station. If you haven’t already, sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts to stay informed about construction at Cooksville GO. Signing up is easy and you can customize your alerts to your station and schedule. You can also follow the Milton line on Twitter @GOtransitMl.
Updated July 28, 2021 | All renderings are subject to change.