Work has started on your new parking garage and other new station features. Please give yourself extra time to catch your bus or train during construction.
Starting September 10
We will temporarily close 10-15parking spaces on the east side of the parking lot, near the Hurontario Street and John Street intersection. This work is required for utility work to connect water to the new station.
We plan to re-open these parking spaces in late September.
Work is well underway on your new parking structure and station upgrades. Here’s what’s happening at Cooksville:
- We have completed foundation work for the parking garage and have poured approximately 2,000 cubic metres of concrete.
- We’ve finished installing underground utilities in the parking garage and are currently stacking large concrete blocks to build the upper levels of the garage.
- We’re also working on the new west tunnel that will connect the parking garage to the west platform.
- Crews will be working along the north side of the tracks to start building a new platform and overhead canopies.
- We are also getting ready to start building a new pedestrian bridge that will connect you from the fourth floor of the parking garage to the platform.
Here is how your station is changing:
Map of construction happening at platform level at Cooksville GO Station
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- Or get dropped off using our convenient pick up and drop off lanes.
- If you’re walking, enter off Hillcrest, John and Hurontario, and follow the marked pedestrian paths once you’re in the station.
If you must drive to the station, Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station while we work at Cooksville.
We understand that parking is already a challenge at your station and that is one of the reasons we are doing the work as quickly as possible. This station building and parking structure will be built in multiple phases to minimize the impact on your commute. We will continue to provide you with updates before changes take place and as we make further progress.
- Please give yourself extra time to catch your train or bus as we work on improving your station.
- To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Cooksville On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com.
WHEN WE'RE FINISHED
(RENDERING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
We are making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and GO services. By the end of 2020 our goal is to give you:
- A new station building with a large public plaza
- 800+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- 8 new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
- Upgrades to pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms
- Repairs to parking lots
- New station entrance from Hurontario Street
Your new station will also include connections to the future Hurontario LRT line, which we anticipate launching by the end of 2022.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED
We’ll be providing you with timely updates throughout each phase to let you know what’s going on and how to access station amenities during construction. We promise to keep you informed and will try to keep disruptions to a minimum as we improve your station. The best way to stay informed is with our On the GO alert emails or texts. Sign up for timely, customized news about the service you use at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com.
We apologize for the disruption and understand that parking is already a challenge at your station, but making significant changes now will mean we’re able to deliver a brand new station sooner.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your station.