We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Cooksville GO Station. We're adding a new parking structure with pedestrian bridge to the platforms, station building, tunnels and other amenities that will make it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
We’re halfway through your station’s transformation. On November 4, we’re opening the west side of the platform and closing the east side. This will affect how you get on the GO:
When travelling from Cooksville
- Use the west tunnel inside the parking structure to access the platform. The tunnel is located one level below the ground floor.
- Use our online map and signs at the station to help you get on the GO.
- Remember to spread out along the platform in order to reduce crowding and prevent delays.
Construction on the east side also means that you cannot access the platform and train from Hurontario Street. If you’re coming from there, please walk down and along Hillcrest Avenue to access the station. The walk will add to your travel time to catch your bus or train.
Cooksville GO construction map
When travelling from Union
- Please board any of the cars west of the accessibility coach, closest to York Street. Only those coaches will open at Cooksville.
- Check the boarding graphic before your trip, listen to the announcements on your train or ask a customer service ambassador for assistance
Also on November 4:
- The Kiss & Ride, accessible parking spots and carpool parking spots in front of the east tunnel entrance will close so we can work on the east side of the platform.
- Carpool spots are available in the parking structure.
- Accessible parking is available on the first level of the parking structure.
On November 8:
- The temporary parking lot by the trailers will close so we can do some asphalt repairs. Please use the parking structure instead.
- Two stairwells on the east side of the parking structure will open.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
- The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- If you’re walking, enter off Hillcrest, John and Hurontario, and follow the marked pedestrian paths once you’re in the station.
Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station.
How You Will Benefit
We are making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and GO services. By the end of 2020 our goal is to give you:
- a new station building with a large public plaza
- 800+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- 8 new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
- upgrades to pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms
- new platforms with tactile yellow tiles, digital signs, canopied shelters and a snowmelt system
- repairs to parking lots
- a new station entrance from Hurontario Street
Your new station will also include connections to the future Hurontario LRT line, which we anticipate launching by the end of 2022.
Updated October 18, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.