We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Cooksville GO Station. We're adding a new parking structure with pedestrian bridge to the platforms, station building, tunnels and other amenities that will make it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Starting May 25, 2020, there will be improvements to how you access your station when the bus loop and Kiss & Ride open at their permanent locations.
New Kiss & Ride
- We’re closing the current Kiss & Ride and opening the new one on the east side of the station.
- You can access it from the newly opened John Street, west of Hurontario Street. Check our map to see the new Kiss & Ride location.
- At this time, you won’t be able to get to the parking garage from the new Kiss & Ride as construction is still going on in the area. Please follow the signs.
New Bus Loop
- The current bus loop will be closed and a new one will open on the north side of the parking garage, giving you easier access to the pedestrian tunnel inside the garage. Only GO buses will use the new bus loop for now. MiWay buses will drop off and pick up passengers at the north-west corner of Hurontario Street and John Street. Miway buses will start using the permanent bus loop when the extension of John Street is complete.
- We’re installing digital signs that will provide you with trip information in the future. This means that bus platforms may be temporarily relocated. Please follow signs to find your platform.
- Check our map to see the new location of the bus loop.
Temporary Closure of GO Access Road
- We’re closing the main GO Access Road until summer 2020 to repave and repair the road and adjacent parking lot.
- To access the parking garage, please use the West GO Access Road. You can also use the Kiss & Ride via John Street.
- There are pedestrian routes available along the West GO Access Road and John Street.
Cooksville GO construction map
All parking spaces on the main lot west of Hurontario Street are closed for resurfacing until the end of 2020. There is ample space, including carpool and accessible parking spots, available in the parking garage.
The west side of the platform is open while we work on the east side of the platform and the east tunnel.
When travelling from Cooksville
- Use the west tunnel inside the parking structure to access the platform. The tunnel is located one level below the ground floor.
- You can no longer access the platform and train from Hurontario Street. Please access the station from Hillcrest Avenue. The walk will add 10 to 15 minutes to your travel time to catch your bus or train.
- Use our online map and signs at the station to help you get on the GO.
- Physical distancing measures are in effect, so please remember to spread out along the platform and board all available coach doors to keep trains on schedule.
When travelling from Union
- Please board your train west of the accessibility coach, closest to York Street. Only those coaches will open at Cooksville GO.
- Listen to the announcements on your train or ask a customer service ambassador for assistance
Hurontario/Hillcrest lane closures due to Enbridge construction
Starting February 2020, Enbridge will begin installing a new gas line in preparation for the future Hurontario LRT. The work is expected to last for three months and could lead to delays during your daily commute to the station.
During construction, there will be lane closures along Hurontario, from John Street to Agnes Street. There will also be lane closures on Hillcrest Avenue. Please give yourself extra time to get to the station.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
- The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station.
How You Will Benefit
We are making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and GO services. By the end of 2020 our goal is to give you:
- a new station building with a large public plaza
- 800+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- 8 new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
- upgrades to pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms
- new platforms with tactile yellow tiles, digital signs, canopied shelters and a snowmelt system
- repairs to parking lots
- a new station entrance from Hurontario Street
Your new station will also include connections to the future Hurontario LRT line, which we anticipate launching by the end of 2022.
Updated May 26, 2020 | All renderings are subject to change.