We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Cooksville GO Station. We're building you a new parking structure with pedestrian bridge to the platforms, station building, tunnels and other amenities that will make it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
The west end of the platforms are closed for construction. For your safety, please do not walk between the train and the platform barriers if you are exiting from the accessibility coach - shortcuts can cost you your life. Always use the ramps and pathways provided.
Please cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections and watch for turning vehicles. Please also give yourself extra time to catch your bus or train during construction.
Map of construction happening at platform level at Cooksville GO Station
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
- The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- If you’re walking, enter off Hillcrest, John and Hurontario, and follow the marked pedestrian paths once you’re in the station.
Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station.
As work progresses in 2019, you can expect additional changes to the parking lots and platforms. When we're done working on the west side of the platform and tunnel, we will switch our work to the east side. This means door restrictions will change. We will let you know of any upcoming changes.
How You Will Benefit
We are making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and GO services. By the end of 2020 our goal is to give you:
- a new station building with a large public plaza
- 800+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- 8 new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
- upgrades to pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms
- repairs to parking lots
- a new station entrance from Hurontario Street
Your new station will also include connections to the future Hurontario LRT line, which we anticipate launching by the end of 2022.
Updated Jan 8, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.