Work has started on your new parking garage and other new station features. Please give yourself extra time to catch your bus or train during construction.
As of the afternoon of Monday, April 9, please use the doors east of the mini platform to board and exit the train.
- We will be repairing the platform, and installing a new elevator and set of stairs that will connect the new pedestrian bridge to the new parking structure.
- Platforms can get crowded during peak times, so please be careful when entering and exiting your train.
- We know that construction can be disruptive, so we thank you for adjusting to your new commute and for finding new ways to get to the station.
PARKING RELOCATION & RESTRICTIONS
- A construction access road will be opened through a portion of the southwest parking lot. This roadway is for construction vehicles only.
- A new temporary parking lot with over 400 parking spaces is now open. The lot is located on the right side of the GO Access Road as you enter the station. It will be available for you to use throughout construction, but please note that it does not have as many parking spaces as the west lot had.
- All parking spots in the west lot are closed, along with the western access to the station. This means all traffic will enter and park from the main station entrance. Delays can be expected. There are now 350 fewer parking spaces available at the station.
- The west tunnel is closed, so you will have to use the east tunnel to access the platforms until further notice. We have added extra PRESTO devices closer to the east tunnel to avoid long lineups.
- Next, we are going to demolish the station building, west tunnel to prepare for a future parking structure and new station building.
- The station building is now closed. You can stay warm in the temporary warming area provided near the elevators.
GETTING ON THE GO
- A temporary ticket trailer and washrooms are open just east of the station building near the east tunnel.
- A reconfigured temporary Kiss & Ride is now open near the temporary ticket trailer. Please be cautious as you enter and exit this area.
PHASE 2 - CONSTRUCTION MAP
Here is how your station is changing:
Map of construction happening at platform level at Cooksville GO Station
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
The guide recommends transit routes based on where you live and even tells you how many of your neighbours travel to the station.
- You can also sign up for our free carpool program and be matched with a neighbour taking the same train. We’ve even added eight more designated parking spots. Sign up here.
- Remember you only pay 0.80 cents on MiWay when you use your PRESTO card.
- Or get dropped off using our convenient pick up and drop off lanes.
- If you’re walking, enter off Hillcrest, John and Hurontario, and follow the marked pedestrian paths once you’re in the station.
If you must drive to the station, Erindale GO Station still has some parking spots available. Just remember to update your default PRESTO settings if you decided to make this your home station while we work at Cooksville.
We understand that parking is already a challenge at your station and that is one of the reasons we are doing the work as quickly as possible. This station building and parking structure will be built in multiple phases to minimize the impact on your commute. We will continue to provide you with updates before changes take place and as we make further progress.
- Please give yourself extra time to catch your train or bus as we work on improving your station.
- To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Cooksville On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com.
WHEN WE'RE FINISHED
(RENDERING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
We are making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and GO services. By the end of 2020 our goal is to give you:
- A new station building with a large public plaza
- 800+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- 8 new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
- Upgrades to pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms
- Repairs to parking lots
- New station entrance from Hurontario Street
Your new station will also include connections to the future Hurontario LRT line, which we anticipate launching by the end of 2022.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED
We’ll be providing you with timely updates throughout each phase to let you know what’s going on and how to access station amenities during construction. We promise to keep you informed and will try to keep disruptions to a minimum as we improve your station. The best way to stay informed is with our On the GO alert emails or texts. Sign up for timely, customized news about the service you use at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com.
We apologize for the disruption and understand that parking is already a challenge at your station, but making significant changes now will mean we’re able to deliver a brand new station sooner.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your station.