Cooksville GO Construction Map
Parking changes at your station:
Following the completion of the new parking garage in 2020 which created 1,900 new parking spaces, the two parking lots near Hillcrest Avenue and GO Access Road were closed as they were no longer required. These lots are on leased land and the lease will end in June 2022. On June 17 you can expect to see some work taking place on these lots. This work is required as part of the lease termination. Please be careful around the construction work and follow the directional signs. This construction work won’t affect your access to the station.
There are changes to station parking due to construction related to the Hurontario LRT project:
- The parking lot, on the east side of Hurontario Street, just south of the tracks, is closed so we can store construction materials.
- The parking lot on the west side of Hurontario Street, just south of the tracks, remains closed for construction.
- There is still plenty of parking available for you at the station.
Please give yourself extra time to get to the station during construction. Please follow signs and be careful around construction equipment and fenced off areas until this work is complete.
With the new 18-kilometre Hurontario LRT, communities across Mississauga and Brampton will find better, more convenient ways in which to live, work and play. The Hurontario LRT will connect the Milton and Lakeshore West GO lines, along with local transit links like MiWay, Brampton Transit, Züm, and Mississauga Transitway at Square One. With 19 stops and its own dedicated lane, the Hurontario LRT ensures a smooth, fast, convenient ride between Mississauga and Brampton without the annoying traffic.
We've Transformed Your Station!
We’ve transformed Cooksville GO Station making it easier and more convenient for you to access the station and more GO services.
Here's How You Benefit
- New station building and east pavilion, with a large public plaza
- 750+ more parking spaces from the addition of a new parking structure complete with a pedestrian bridge to the rail platform
- New passenger pick-up and drop-off (Kiss & Ride)
- Repaired parking lots
- New station entrance from Hurontario Street
- New indoor waiting area at Bus Loop
- New platforms with tactile yellow safety tiles, digital signs, canopied shelters and a snowmelt system.
- Upgraded pedestrian tunnels to access rail platforms.
- Accessible parking on the first and fourth floors of the new parking garage.
Enabled More Connections
- Your station is a transit hub connecting customers to GO Transit (rail and bus service), Mississauga transit and the future Hurontario LRT.
- Eight new bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated June 14, 2022