We're Improving Your Station!
We’re building a new south platform at your station to bring you faster and more frequent service in the future.
Guelph GO construction map
West end of platform closed for construction
We are preparing your station for frequent and faster train service in the future. On September 30, we will start building a new accessible platform to replace the current one. This work will align the platform with the new south platform that we plan to build as part of GO Expansion.
From Guelph Central GO:
- The west end of the platform is closed for construction. Please use the east end.
- You can still access the platform from the south parking lot through the tunnel. However, it takes longer to access the east end of the platform, so please plan to arrive at the station a few minutes early.
- The current accessible platform is still available for those who need to use the accessible coach.
- Look for signs to show you where to wait and spread along the available section of the platform to help keep everyone safe.
From Union or any other station:
- Please listen to announcements on your train as not all coaches will open at Guelph Central GO.
- The accessible ramp is available to those who need to exit from the accessible coach.
We expect to finish this phase of construction to be complete in six weeks.
Construction in south parking lot
- There is no access to the parking lot and passenger pick-up and drop-off (Kiss & Ride) from the east entrance on Farquhar Street. Please use the west entrance. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- About six parking spaces have closed. The accessible parking space has been relocated by the entrance to the station lot.
- There is limited access to the pedestrian tunnel from the south parking lot on Farquhar Street. The stairs on the east side of the access building is closed. Please use the ramp on the other side of the building.
Your safety is our priority. Please be careful around construction equipment and fencing until this work is completed in early 2024.
How you’ll benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
We’re preparing your station to accommodate more train service in the future by:
- Building a new south platform
- Modifying the current north platform to align with the south platform
- Upgrading the storm sewer systems
Stay In The Know
To see current service information at this station, please click here.
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated Sept. 14, 2022