We're Improving Your Station!
We’re building a new south platform at your station to bring you faster and more frequent service in the future.
Carte de construction de la gare GO de Guelph Central
We are making progress in preparing your station for frequent and faster train service in the future. We are making progress in preparing your station for frequent and faster train service in the future.
We have built a new accessible platform that will align the current north platform with the future south platform that we plan to build as part of GO Expansion.
Construction continues, and on December 12, we will start demolishing the old accessibility platform. This will mean changes to how you access the platform and train.
From Guelph Central GO
- The east end of the platform is closed. Please use the west end of the platform.
- Safety is our priority. Please use the pedestrian crossings and assigned detour route to access the west end of the platform. Follow signs and do not walk on the road reserved for bus traffic.
- It may take you longer to access the platform so plan to arrive at the station a few minutes early.
- Spread along the west end of the platform to help keep everyone safe.
To Guelph Central GO
- Please listen to announcements when you board your train as some coaches will not open at Guelph Central GO.
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador, located in coach 5A, for assistance.
- The accessible ramp is still available to those who need to exit from the accessible coach.
We expect to finish the north platform work by early next year. Thank you for your patience as we make improvements to your station.
Construction in south parking lot
- There is no access to the parking lot and passenger pick-up and drop-off (Kiss & Ride) from the east entrance on Farquhar Street. Please use the west entrance. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- About six parking spaces have closed. The accessible parking space has been relocated by the entrance to the station lot.
- There is limited access to the pedestrian tunnel from the south parking lot on Farquhar Street. The stairs on the east side of the access building is closed. Please use the ramp on the other side of the building.
Your safety is our priority. Please be careful around construction equipment and fencing until this work is completed in early 2024.
How you’ll benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
We’re preparing your station to accommodate more train service in the future by:
- Building a new south platform
- Modifying the current north platform to align with the south platform
- Upgrading the storm sewer systems
Stay In The Know
To see current service information at this station, please click here.
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated December 6, 2022