We've Transformed Your Station!
As part of our station improvement program, we are installing a secure bikeroom and digital signage on train platforms. Residents may experience construction activity on the north and east side of the station building and on the platform.
Work hours are scheduled from Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This work is expected to be completed by Summer 2021.
We’ve made major improvements to Guildwood GO Station with updated amenities, enhanced accessibility and improved parking.
- The expanded station building includes larger indoor waiting areas and washrooms, improved lighting and an outdoor plaza – all designed to meet LEED Silver certification.
- Guildwood is the first station in the network to have a green atrium incorporated into its design.
- We upgraded the two pedestrian tunnels with accessible elevators to both platforms.
- The rebuilt platforms come with canopied accessible mini-platforms, heated shelters and a snow-melting system.
- We made improvements to both parking lots to make it easier to get around and added a new Kiss & Ride on the south lot.
The improvements to Guildwood Station support future 15-minute, two-way service between Union Station and Oshawa GO, giving you a better and faster travel experience along Lakeshore East.
How to Stay in the Know
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts to stay in the know about the construction that is transforming your station. You can also follow the Lakeshore East line on Twitter @GOtransitLE.
Click here to learn more about GO Expansion on the Lakeshore East line.
Updated June 28, 2021 | Renderings subject to change.