The tunnel and elevators behind the existing station building are now closed and demolition will start shortly as we continue to build your new station.
Please use the new east tunnel and elevators that are now open.
Guildwood GO Station upgrades include:
- Larger indoor waiting areas
- Improved lighting levels
- Expanded washrooms
- An outdoor waiting plaza
- Two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators to both platforms
- New platforms with new canopied accessible mini-platforms
- Heated shelters and a snow melting system
- Improvements to the north Kiss & Ride and parking lot
- Improvements to the south parking lot, including realignment of the lot to accommodate the new station building and construction of a new south Kiss & Ride
- The two new elevators located in the east tunnel are now open
- The existing elevators located behind the old station building and the old tunnel will be closed after the last train on Sunday, February 11
- The precast sections for two new pedestrian tunnels under the tracks have been installed
- The future utility building is up east of the existing station building
Still in Progress
- Completing the new east tunnel
- Installing snow-melting systems, and canopies with built-in shelters on the platforms
- Working on the new station building
Work began in January 2016 and is scheduled for completion by early 2019.
In addition to making space for a future fourth track for GO Transit between the existing tracks and the new station building, this project also includes:
- Building infrastructure to support an increase in rail service
- Working to prepare for future electrification of the station