GO Transit collaborated with the TTC on the Jane and Hwy 407 Station, which is a part of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension, a multi-modal transit hub hosting TTC subway, and YRT/VIVA and GO Transit bus service.
This station is the largest GO Bus Terminal in the system. The terminal has:
- 18 bus bays with canopies (13 for GO Transit and 5 for YRT/VIVA)
- 17 bus layover bays
- accessible washrooms
- a GO customer service counter
- PRESTO and ticket vending equipment
- an indoor customer waiting area
- a bike storage facility
- real-time service displayed, and
- elevators and escalators that will seamlessly connect to the subway.
The station has:
- approximately 600 TTC-owned parking spaces
- 14 accessible parking spaces
- a pick-up and drop-off area and
- a barrier-free pedestrian path leading to the main entrance that is separated from vehicle traffic to ensure customer safety.
The station’s design features include a sloping bus terminal roof, glazed glass to ensure it is bird-friendly, as well as coloured and textured concrete. The interior walls and columns of the bus platforms and waiting area are constructed with white ceramic panels, with doors painted to match.
The station opened for service in December 2017 and we’re putting the finishing touches on it right now.