We're Improving Your Station!
Major improvements are happening at Malton GO. We’re enhancing communication and safety features, and creating more connections.
Malton GO Construction Map
Temporary changes to how you access the station will continue until later this fall. Our contractor needs time to complete important work to install utilities underground for the new electrical building at your station. Here is what you need to know to get on the GO:
- To get on your GO, MiWay or Züm buses, please use the temporary bus platform, just west of the Kiss & Ride, near the accessible parking spaces.
- There are approximately 300 parking spaces including four accessible parking spaces closed.
- There is plenty of parking available for you at the station.
The east side of the island platform is closed while we complete important upgrades.
A portion of the west side of the island platform is also closed for construction. We need this area to build a room for our information technology (IT) systems. You can still use the west side of the island platform to board your train.
How You Will Benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
We’re preparing your station for GO Expansion by:
- Adding tactile yellow safety tiles at the edge of the train platforms to remind you how far back to stand;
- Adding new digital signs on the train platforms to provide one more way to stay in the know;
- Widening the island platform which will allow GO trains to stop on the north side;
- And changing the accessible platform to function on both sides.
We expect construction to be complete in spring, 2022.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated September 28, 2021 | Renderings subject to change.