We're Improving Your Station!
Major improvements are happening at Malton GO. We’re enhancing communication and safety features, and creating more connections.
Malton GO Construction Map
Platform restrictions start on February 16
Starting Tuesday, February 16, there will be temporary changes to how you access the island platform at your station:
Severe weather can change when construction starts and ends.
Work on the temporary accessibility platform on the west side of the island platform will conclude on February 12. The west side of the island platform will reopen and the east side will be closed while we work on important upgrades.
When travelling from Malton GO:
- Look for signs to show you where to wait and remember to spread out along the west side of the platform to help keep everyone safe.
- The east tunnel remains closed. Use the west tunnel to get to the train platforms.
When travelling from Union Station:
- All coach doors will open when you arrive at Malton GO.
Please be careful around fenced-off areas. When the east side is complete in the spring, we’ll switch to the west side of the platform.
Ongoing Changes At Your Station
Our contractor is continuing important work to install utilities underground for the new electrical building at your station. This work is now expected to finish later this spring. There are some changes to how you use the station:
- To get on your GO, MiWay or Züm buses, please use the temporary bus platform, just west of the Kiss & Ride, near the accessible parking spaces.
- The east tunnel is closed.
- Please use the west tunnel to get to the train platform.
- There are approximately 90 parking spaces closed, including three accessible spaces.
- There is plenty of parking available for you at the station.
- A portion of the pedestrian path from the bus loop to the station building is closed. To get to the station building, please use the pedestrian path from the parking lot and the Kiss & Ride.
How You Will Benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
We’re preparing your station for GO Expansion by:
- Adding tactile yellow safety tiles at the edge of the train platforms to remind you how far back to stand;
- Adding new digital signs on the train platforms to provide one more way to stay in the know;
- Widening the island platform which will allow GO trains to stop on the north side;
- And changing the accessible platform to function on both sides.
We expect construction to be complete in spring, 2022.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Malton On the GO alerts at onthegoalerts.gotransit.com. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
Updated February 12, 2021 | Rendering subject to change