We're improving your station!
We’re updating amenities, enhancing accessibility, and making it easier to access GO services.
Construction work is almost complete on the east side of your platform. Starting Wednesday, August 12, work to install tactile yellow tiles and digital signs will switch to the west side of the platform. This will mean some temporary changes to how you get on the GO until the work is complete at the end of the summer.
Travelling from Oshawa GO
- We’re closing the west side of the platform. Please use the east side of the platform to board your train until further notice.
- If you need the accessibility coach, please wait at the accessibility ramp to board the train.
- Look for signs to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform to help keep everyone safe.
Oshawa GO construction map
Travelling from Union Station
- Please listen to the announcements on your train. Some trains will have more than six coaches, and in those cases, not all coach doors will open at Oshawa GO.
- Check out our boarding guide before your trip.
- If you are unsure or need to use the accessible ramp, ask the customer service ambassador in the accessible coach for assistance.
How You’ll Benefit
We are doing some of the early work necessary for GO Expansion, to enhace and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
At your station this means you’ll benefit from:
- New digital signs to give you one more way to stay in the know
- New yellow tiles at the edge of the platform to remind you how far back to stand. The best commute is always a safe one.
How to Stay in the Know
We'll keep you informed throughout this project. Get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for email or text alerts. You can also follow the Lakeshore East line on Twitter @GOtransitLE.
Updated August 6, 2020