We've improved your station!
We’ve enhanced communication, safety and accessibility features at your station, as part of the GO expansion.
We’ve improved your station by installing new digital signs at the bus loop and on the train platform which will display trip information to help keep you in the know. New tactile yellow safety tiles have also been added to the train platform to remind you how far back to stand.
All three elevators were upgraded, as they were getting close to the end of their lifespan. These upgrades have made them more efficient and reliable for customers.
To improve safety, the following was done at Pickering GO:
- Upgraded staircases in the west tunnel.
- Rail platform upgrades.
- Secure bike storage room.
How you'll benefit
These upgrades are work we are carrying out as part of GO Expansion, to enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations.
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
At your station this means you’ll benefit from:
- Upgraded elevators will improve reliability and ensure everyone has consistent access to the platform.
- Improved safety features.
- New tactile yellow safety tiles at the edge of the platform to remind you how far back to stand. The best commute is always a safe one.
- New digital signs that will display schedule information in the future.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated August 3, 2021 | Renderings subject to change.