We're Planning to Transform Your Station!
Here's What We're Planning
The improvements to the station will make it easier and more convenient to access GO services and the Port Union Waterfront Trail. They will also accommodate new service planned for the Lakeshore East line, as we work to increase the existing 30-minute GO service to an electrified, 15-minute service. Here’s what’s coming to your station:
- new, modern, fully accessible station building with retail space and integrated art
- larger and improved pick up and drop off area with through lanes
- designated pedestrian walkways and improved signage and lighting
- more shelter from the elements with additional canopy coverage
- extended west pedestrian tunnel connecting to the relocated station building
- extended east pedestrian tunnel
- track and platform enhancements to improve the efficiency of service
- relocated and improved bus stop area
- secure bicycle storage
We are in the design phase and are hoping to start construction in late 2020.
We will keep you informed of the timing and phasing of the work once the project schedule is finalized. To get timely construction updates by email or text, sign up for On the GO alerts and follow us on Twitter at @GOtransitLE. Click here to learn more about GO’s expansion on the Lakeshore East line.
Updated Dec. 21, 2018 | Renderings subject to change.