YOUR STATION IS GETTING AN EXCITING MAKEOVER!
The improvements to the station will make it easier and more convenient to access GO services and the Port Union Waterfront Trail. They will also accommodate new service planned for the Lakeshore East line, as we work to increase the existing 30-minute GO service to an electrified, 15-minute service. Here’s what’s coming to your station:
- new, modern, fully accessible station building with retail space and integrated art
- larger and improved pick up and drop off area with through lanes
- designated pedestrian walkways and improved signage and lighting
- more shelter from the elements with additional canopy coverage
- extended west pedestrian tunnel connecting to the relocated station building
- new, wider east tunnel that will connect directly to the Port Union Waterfront Trail
- new third track north of the existing two tracks to improve the efficiency of service
- relocated and improved bus stop area
- secure bicycle storage
We are in the early design phase and are hoping to start construction later this year.
We will keep you informed of the exact timing and phasing of the work once the project schedule is finalized. To get timely construction updates by email or text, sign up for On the GO alerts at gotransit.com/onthego.
New station building (Concept drawing; subject to detailed design)
Entrance to the new east tunnel connecting the station with the Port Union Waterfront Trail (Concept drawing; subject to detailed design)