We’re transforming your station!
We’re building a new track and platform along with other safety amenities at your station in order to bring you faster and more frequent service in the future.
Starting Monday, April 5 at 7 p.m., we’re closing part of the north platform (platform 1) at Weston GO to install tactile yellow safety tiles at the edge of the train platform. This safety feature will remind you how far back to stand.
Here is what you need to know to get on the GO:
- Your train may not stop at its usual platform. Please look at the departure boards to ensure you wait on the right platform for your train.
- All pedestrian tunnels and elevators will remain open during construction.
- UP Express service: You will still be able to access the UP Express platforms. Most weekday UP Express trips will depart 15 minutes later to accommodate platform construction work. Please check upexpress.com before you travel to ensure you have the latest schedule information.
- This work will not impact weekend service.
The Kiss & Ride and nine parking spots in the east parking lot are currently closed for construction.
Weston GO Map
We expect to finish this work in approximately two weeks. Once it’s finished, construction will move to the other half of the north platform. We will update you in advance of further construction, or any changes to how you board your train.
We understand it can be challenging to find parking at the station and we want to support you during construction. You have options to get to the GO.
Here are some of the other ways you can get to the station:
- Take a TTC bus to get to the station and use triplinx.ca to find your route. These TTC bus routes all stop in front of the station: 52, 79, 89 & 952.
- Arrange to get dropped off, walk or bike to the station.
For more details about how you can get to the station, check out our station guide below.
How it works
Zoom in, find your home zone and click the number to find out more. Click the right arrow to expand the pop-up dialog box.
How you will benefit
The transformation will allow us to accommodate more GO customers and increase GO Transit service along the Kitchener line.
Here’s what we have planned:
- New north-side platform that includes canopied heated shelters, snow melt system, platform lighting, fare systems, a mini ramp and tactile safety platform edge.
- Additional fourth track to help us bring you more train service in the future
- Extension of the existing tunnel with stairs and elevators leading to the new platform.
- Landscaping and new signage throughout the station.
- Electrical work to accommodate electric trains in the future.
- New yellow tiles at the edge of the platform will remind you how far back to stand. The best commute is always a safe one.
These improvements support GO expansion plans for more frequent, reliable service on the Kitchener line. Learn more about plans for Kitchener GO expansion.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Weston On the GO alerts. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
Updated March 23, 2021