We’re transforming your station!
We’re building a new track and platform along with other amenities at your station in order to bring you faster and more frequent service in the future.
Read the information on this page to understand what’s changing at your station, tips on how to get there during construction and how you’ll benefit once we’re finished. When you’re done, share your feedback to rate the helpfulness of content on this page.
New! Try Transit program: Learn more about our new pilot project available for Weston GO passengers.
Early this summer we started construction by closing the passenger pick-up and drop-off, and nine parking spots in the east parking lot.
Weston GO Map
So far we’ve surveyed the land, cleared the site and relocated a hydro pole. Soon we’ll start preparing for the foundation work for the new canopied platform and the underground work for the pedestrian tunnel extensions.
We understand it can be challenging to find parking at the station and we want to support you during construction. You have options to get to the GO.
Here are some of the other ways you can get to the station
- Take a TTC bus to get to the station and use triplinx.ca to find your route. If you’re a PRESTO user, you’ll only pay $1.60 when you take the TTC to the station. These TTC bus routes all stop in front of the station: 52, 79, 89 & 952.
- Arrange to get dropped off, walk or bike to the station
- Carpool with a neighbour to use one of the 10 designated carpool spots at the station (we just added two more spots to the east lot).
For more details about how you can get to the station, check out our station guide below.
How it works
Zoom in, find your home zone and click the number to find out more. Click the right arrow to expand the pop-up dialog box.
We’re launching a new initiative this fall for Weston GO passengers to encourage you to consider public transit. The Try Transit program is a new pilot project that rewards a limited number of eligible participants who are willing to change their way of getting to the GO with a $100 PRESTO voucher.
If you want to find out more, start by taking the Weston Station Access Survey before October 2, 2019 to let us know that you are interested.
The survey will ask you to share feedback about how you get to the station and what alternative you may be interested in. At the end of the survey, you will have an opportunity to let us know if you are interested in the pilot and request a free personalized travel guide.
For more information about the survey and pilot opportunity please contact our travel planning consultants at email@example.com.
How you will benefit
The transformation will allow us to accommodate more GO customers and increase GO Transit service along the Kitchener line.
Here’s what we have planned:
- New north-side platform that includes canopied heated shelters
- Additional fourth track to help us bring you more train service in the future
- Extension of existing tunnel with stairs and elevators leading to the new platform
- Landscaping and new signage throughout the station
- Electrical work that would accommodate electric trains in the future
We expect the new amenities to open in late 2020.
These improvements support GO expansion plans for more frequent, reliable service on the Kitchener line. Learn more about plans for Kitchener GO expansion.
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for Weston On the GO alerts. You can also follow the Kitchener line on Twitter @GOtransitKT.
Updated Sept. 17, 2019