The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) closed 250 parking spaces in the northeast Whitby GO parking lot to replace the Brock Street bridge over Highway 401. Construction is expected to be finish in 2021.
Whitby GO construction map
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
We understand that parking at Whitby GO can be a challenge, and we’re working to improve that by looking at various station access and parking solutions. We’re in the planning stages right now, and we’ll share more information with you once we make a decision.
In the meantime, here are your options for getting on the GO:
- Use public transit and take advantage of DRT’s $0.80 cash fare to GO. Use triplinx.ca to access your train with one of the 7 connecting bus routes.
- Get dropped off, walk, or bike to the station and park in one of the two covered bike shelters on the north side
- Carpool with a neighbour to use one of 35 designated spots. Get matched using explore.smartcommute.ca and register for a carpool permit.
- There are reserved parking spaces available at Whitby. Click here to fill out the application form.
- Consider driving to neighbouring stations further west. There's plenty of parking available at the O’Brien Court lot at Ajax GO, and there's more than 600 vacant parking spaces on the Sandy Beach Road lot at Pickering GO. Just remember to change the default setting on your PRESTO card if you chose to park at these stations.
- Park your car in the overflow lot at Iroquois Park Community Centre.*
*Reminder about parking at the Iroquois Park Sports Centre
In recent months, more GO customers have been using the Iroquois Park Sports Centre. There are 300 spaces reserved for GO customers at the centre and the remaining parking spaces are reserved for Whitby residents who use the centre’s facilities.
If you wish to park at the Iroquois Park Sports Centre, here’s what you need to do:
- Park only in the parking area designated for GO customers.
- Look for signs that say you’re parking in the designated GO parking area or click on this parking map.
- If you’re entering the complex from Henry Street, you’ll find the designated GO parking area by turning left into the facility.
- Failure to follow these rules will result in a fine from the Town of Whitby.
Questions specific to MTO construction can be directed to: GHD Limited at 905-752-4359.
Updated March 4, 2020