Summer is finally here! It’s time to get outside and enjoy all of the stunning spots available to us right here in Ontario. Whether you’re planning a hike, looking to unearth the beauty of Ontario’s hidden gems, or planning your next great adventure, we’ve got you covered.
Take advantage of our NEW Weekend Passes for unlimited single-day or weekend travel. We’ve also recently added GO Train service to Niagara Falls on weekends and holidays, resumed weekend and holiday service to Barrie, and launched a pilot project with GO bus service to the Toronto Zoo.
We’ve gone self-serve! Check your schedules and plan your trip before heading to the station with our easy scheduling tool. Also, you can purchase GO e-tickets or load your PRESTO card instantly on the PRESTO App ahead of time.
Have you heard? The new Bay Concourse at Union Station is now open! Enjoy more space on platforms and at concourse level, better access to the PATH and TTC, and more!
New Weekend Passes
Get rewarded for your weekend travel. Our new Weekend Passes will make travelling with friends and family easier and more affordable. Take a day trip, explore new hiking trails or take a spontaneous mini vacation.
We have two weekend pass options:
- Our $10 one day passes are valid for a single day of unlimited travel (Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday).
- $15 weekend passes are valid for unlimited travel ALL weekend long (Saturday, Sunday and statutory holiday).
Here’s the best part. Kids 12 and under always ride GO Transit for FREE.
We’ve Gone Self-Serve
Ready, Set, GO: Trip Planning Made Easy
Sign up to On the GO Alerts to stay up-to-date with new schedules, service improvements, delays and other important news.
Looking for information specific to your GO station or stop? Check out our Find a Station or Stop page for train, bus and station alerts, information about construction, fares and amenities, and more.
Keep in mind that our trains are shorter these days so make sure you move along the platform to board.
PRESTO – It’s Contact-Free
No PRESTO Card, No Problem. Get Your E-Ticket to Ride!
Adults and Seniors can buy GO e-tickets online. It’s quick and easy.
Ready to take your trip? Just remember to activate your ticket 5 minutes before boarding. Find out more here.
New Bay Concourse
The new Bay Concourse at Union Station is now open and you can enjoy a more comfortable experience with modern amenities and enhanced connections. There's more space on platforms and at concourse level, better access to the PATH and TTC, future retail options, and more!
Travel Smart: Our Health and Safety Measures
We have 40+ safety measures in place to keep you safe. Plus, there are seat dividers on all trains and buses and hand sanitizers are available at every station, on each train and 400+ buses. Most importantly, wear a face covering (even if you’re vaccinated).
- Forgot your face covering? You can buy one from a vending machine at Union Station in the SkyWalk and 8 other select GO stations.
- FREE CleanSlate UV sanitizing devices are available at Union Station and 17 other select GO stations. The new UV machines can kill up to 99.9 percent of germs in just 20 seconds. Try it out for free with your cell phone, PRESTO card and more.
Time to Relax and Unwind
- While on board GO Transit, enjoy GO Wi-Fi Plus, our FREE Wi-Fi and entertainment portal.
- We’ve teamed up with Audible.ca to offer GO train riders free audiobooks, podcasts and more courtesy of the Quiet Zone by Audible.
More Travel Options
Niagara Falls Weekend Service
GO Train service to Niagara Falls is back and you can now take the GO Train from Union Station to Niagara Falls on weekends and holidays.
Buy your GO and WEGO Combo Tickets online from $25 per person, or $62.50 per group!
Barrie Weekend GO Train Service
Looking for a weekend getaway? GO Transit has resumed weekend service on the Barrie line from Allandale Waterfront GO and Union Station.
Toronto Zoo Pilot
Looking to add some family fun to your weekend? Plan your trip to the Toronto Zoo!
As a pilot, from July 10 through to Labour Day Monday, our weekend and holiday schedule for Route 96 has been converted to a temporary Route 96Z, with a new stop at the Toronto Zoo.
Best Day Trips in Ontario – Hidden Gems
Discover Ontario’s most beautiful destinations that are easily accessible by GO Transit.
Take advantage of some amazing views and get your daily steps in too! We’ve found 6 of the best hiking trails in the GTHA (Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area) that are readily accessible by GO trains or buses.
Go for a casual stroll and soak up the serene beauty of our Great Lakes. To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of our top 5 waterfront walking trails in and around the GTHA easily accessible by GO Transit.
What Are People Saying?
- Arjun (Toronto): "Just found out I can take the GO directly to the Rouge Conservation Area. Can’t wait to head there again this weekend!"
- Heather (Stony Creek): "The free Audible audiobooks make my commute more enjoyable and it makes my trip feel way shorter!"
- Chris (Georgetown): "I sent my nephew pre-paid e-tickets, so he knows he’s welcome to visit me anytime!"