We take your safety seriously. Learn more about the proactive steps that we are taking to keep you safe during COVID-19.
Avoid the lines. Buy your GO Transit tickets online to enjoy the ease & convenience of a GO Transit e-ticket.
* Must pre-purchase tickets online. Available on smartphones only. Not available at station.
Remember, you always save the most with PRESTO, starting at 15% off regular fares.
Check out our promotions and events for your next adventure.
What GO Transit ticket types are available for purchase online?
You can purchase single ride Adult e-tickets.
How do I get my e-ticket?
Once the online purchase is complete, you will receive an email that contains individual links for each e–ticket purchased. Click on a link only when you are ready to activate it.
How do I use my e-ticket?
- Use your smartphone with a data or Wi-Fi connection to open the confirmation email you received at the time of purchase and access your e-ticket link(s).
- Click on the link that corresponds with your trip to access and then activate your e-ticket. A data or Wi-Fi connection is required.
- After a 5 minute window your ticket will be valid for travel.
* Please keep in mind that it takes 5 minutes to activate a ticket in our system, and that at the time of fare inspection you must be connected to a data or Wi-Fi network.
How long are the e-tickets valid for?
As with paper tickets, once an e–ticket has been activated, a single ride ticket is valid for 4 hours. Passes are valid during service hours on the day of activation or as otherwise stated. Please note that at the time of fare inspection you must be connected to data or a Wi-Fi network.
E-tickets that have not been activated are valid for up to a year from purchase.
Can I print my e-ticket?
No, the e-ticket has to be used on a smartphone. A printed e–ticket is not valid for travel.
Can I get a refund?
E-tickets are not refundable and have no redeemable cash value. The GO Train Service Guarantee Policy applies to e-tickets, however, it does not apply to special promotions or passes such as Sunday Funday. To request a credit associated with an eticket, contact GO Transit Guest Services.