GO Transit has teamed up with Purolator on a Holiday Food Drive in support of the Daily Bread Food Bank, where you can drop off non-perishable food items at Mobile Quick Stop trucks at select GO stations.
Purolator Mobile Quick Stop Truck Locations
- Scarborough, Pickering, Mimico, Burlington and Aurora GO stations
Hours of Operation for the trucks:
- Monday to Friday from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Scarborough GO is open from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- During the holiday period (from November 14 to December 19), the trucks will also operate on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Food Donation Information
Where will the food be donated?
- Food collected as part of this initiative will be donated to a local food bank – the Daily Bread Food Bank – serving populations in downtown Toronto.
What should I donate?
According to the Daily Bread Food Bank, items that are most needed include:
- Peanut Butter
- Dry pasta
- Canned fish (tuna in water)
- Beans (lentils, chick peas, etc.)
- 100% fruit juices
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned soup
- Pasta sauce
- Baby formula/food