Beginning August 31, we’re introducing 84 new and 65 extended GO train trips each week on the Kitchener, Stouffville, Lakeshore East, and Lakeshore West lines, including year-round Niagara weekend service, to make your life better, faster and easier.
Lakeshore West Line
Niagara: all week, all year:
We’re running weekend train service between Toronto and Niagara Falls all year round, so you can get to visit friends, family or popular attractions in the peace and comfort of a GO train – no matter the season.
The schedules will be the same as they are today, for our seasonal service.
Plan your trip.
Doubling commute options for West Harbour, new LSW express trip:
We’re doubling rush-hour service for customers travelling out of West Harbour GO with four more trips – two in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- Two existing morning rush-hour trips will now be extended to start at West Harbour GO at 7:09 a.m., and 7:49 a.m., arriving at Union Station at 8:20 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- We’re introducing a new homebound Lakeshore West train from Union Station at 4:45 p.m., running express to Clarkson GO and arriving at West Harbour GO at 5:57 p.m.
- The existing 6:30 p.m. trip from Union Station will extend to serve West Harbour GO, arriving at 7:42 p.m.
Aldershot, leave earlier or later:
We’re extending two existing trips from Burlington GO to serve Aldershot GO, arriving at 4:21 p.m. and 7:23 p.m.
New express trip for Brampton, Georgetown, Acton, Guelph, Kitchener:
Customers travelling to Kitchener on the 6 p.m. trip from Union Station will arrive 20 minutes earlier because the train will now run express to Bramalea GO Station.
- Those travelling to other stops west of Bramalea GO will save at least 10 minutes in their homebound commutes
New afternoon option for Brampton, Etobicoke:
One new homebound trip at 5:45 p.m. will serve all stops from Union Station to Bramalea GO Station, arriving at 6:21 p.m.
- Customers going to Bloor, Weston, Etobicoke North and Malton GO stations can take this trip instead of the existing 6 p.m. trip from Union Station, which will now run express to Bramalea GO.
Stay late, Brampton – we got you:
In case you need to stay later, we’re introducing hourly evening train service to and from Bramalea GO.
- The last train from Bramalea GO leaves at 10:14 p.m. and arrives at Union Station at 10:51 p.m. The last train from Union leaves at 10:53 p.m. and arrives at Bramalea GO at 11:27 p.m.
- Some of these trips also go as far as Mount Pleasant GO.
Flexibility that matters for Georgetown, Acton, Guelph, Kitchener:
We’re extending some existing trips all the way to Kitchener GO. Look out for new all-stop trip options from Kitchener GO at 7:57 a.m. and 2:57 p.m. and from Union at 12:53 p.m.
We’re also introducing a few late-night trips for customers in Georgetown, Acton, Guelph, and Kitchener, so you can come into the city for a game or a show and leave the car behind.
- A new 9:53 p.m. trip from Union Station will make all stops to Kitchener GO, arriving at 11:47 p.m.
- A new 10:53 p.m. trip from Union Station will make all stops to Guelph Central GO, arriving 12:22 a.m.
- An 8:57 p.m. trip from Kitchener GO will make all stops to Union Station, arriving at 10:51 p.m.
Lakeshore East Line
Lakeshore East midday:
Starting September 3, all stations along the Lakeshore East line will have a few more trip options during the weekday in case you need to leave work earlier.
- A new 2:58 p.m. trip from Union Station will serve all stops to Oshawa GO, arriving at 3:56 p.m.
- A new 3:28 p.m. trip from Union Station will serve all stops to Oshawa GO, arriving at 4:26 p.m.
- An existing trip that runs express between Oshawa GO and Union Station at 1:52 p.m. will now stop at Whitby, Ajax and Pickering before running express to Union. It will depart at 1:53 p.m., arriving at 2:46 p.m.
- A new 4:48 p.m. trip from Oshawa GO will serve all stops to Union Station, arriving at 5:50 p.m.
Stouffville evening trains return, extended:
Evening train service is returning along the Stouffville line and extends to Mount Joy GO Station. Trip departure times have been modified to serve you better. Please check schedules before you go.
We were able to complete infrastructure work on the corridor that will help us add more service in the future.
Remember to get real-time updates sent directly to your mobile device with On the GO alerts or by following a line-specific @gotransit account on Twitter.