Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
Reserved Bicycle Parking
- Reserved Bicycle Parking
Bike with Confidence
Reserved bicycle parking lets you rent a space for your bike in the bicycle area at selected GO stations for a 1-year period.
Reserved parking spaces are not currently available at the following stations due to a long waiting list: Hamilton
How to Reserve a Space
See if your station offers reserved bicycle parking, and then you can apply online. You’ll get a space if one is available.
Cost and Timeframe
A reserved bicycle parking space costs $50 per year, including HST. You may rent a space for a minimum of 1 year. You’ll automatically be billed each year until you give us 30-days written notice (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) that you want to cancel reserved bicycle parking.
Paying for a Reserved Space
You can pay for your reserved bike space by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express). To pay by credit card, you must have a valid email address. We reserve the right to charge a $35 fee for any dishonoured payments.
Apply for Reserved Bicycle Parking
Using Reserved Bicycle Parking
- You may park a regular or an electric-assist bicycle.
- You cannot park any motor-assisted bicycle which uses liquid fuel (for example, including but not limited to gasoline or diesel).
- You can leave your bicycle overnight, for up to 72 continuous hours.
- We reserve the right to remove bicycles that have been parked over 72 hours or seem abandoned. However, before we remove a bicycle, we will try to contact the bicycle’s rightful owner and ask that it’s collected.
- You may not lend or sublet your reserved bicycle parking space. Only bicycles identified on the application are permitted to use your space.
- Simply send an email to email@example.com or by using this Customer Information Change Request Form, to update your mailing/email address, payment changes, transfer requests, cancellation notice etc.
Using your key FOB/code
- Please keep track of your key FOB or code for your reserved bicycle parking and don’t lend or share it to anyone.
- Keep in mind that Station Attendants do not have access to the bicycle room.
- Report a lost or stolen key FOB, or if your code does not work, request a new one by calling 416-869-3600 ext. 7276 or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A replacement FOB costs $25.
- If you lose your key FOB or your code is not working while your bicycle is locked within the room, call Transit Safety at 905-803-0642 or 1-877-297-0642 to get access to the room.
What to do if space is unavailable
It’s unlikely this will happen because we carefully manage the number of reserved bicycle-parking spaces that we assign. However, if you arrive and all the bike racks are full, please do the following:
- Leave your bicycle inside the reserved area, out of the way of other bicycles and lock the wheel to the frame to stop theft.
- If there’s no room in the reserved area, use the sheltered general purpose bicycle racks at that station.
- Tell the station ambassador.
- Call Transit Safety at 905-803-0642 or 1-877-297-0642 and let them know your name and the station. It’s a free to call from a GO-station pay phone.
What to do if your bicycle is stolen or vandalized
If your bicycle is stolen or vandalized while in the bicycle room, please report the incident to GO Transit Safety at 905-803-0642 or 1-877-297-0642.
Please know we are not responsible for damaged or stolen bicycles.
Transferring to another reserved bicycle location
Send an email (email@example.com) to transfer to another station’s bicycle-parking area.
You get one free transfer per year when using reserved bicycle parking. But if there isn’t space at the station you want to transfer to, you won’t get a refund.
Cancelling during the 1-year period
If you decide to cancel your reserved bicycle parking within the year, no refunds are provided for unused time.