Great news! Through Ontario’s One Fare Program, transit riders can now enjoy free transfers between GO Transit and the TTC.
- Software Developers
Metrolinx offers resources for developers building mobile applications using our transit-related information for GO Transit and UP Express.
Our resources include schedules published in the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) format. To start using GTFS data, please read and agree to our Access and Use Agreement below.
Watch this page often as updates to the GTFS files are typically made every few weeks.
Download GO Transit GTFS file (last updated on February 29, 2024) - By downloading this file, you are accepting the Metrolinx Access and Use Agreement.
Download UP Express GTFS file (last updated on January 30, 2024) - By downloading this file, you are accepting the Metrolinx Access and Use Agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the General Transit Feed Specification?
The General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) is an open format used by third-party developers, such as Google, to incorporate transit information into applications like Google Maps that include geographic data. Because this is an open and freely available format, anyone can use the data to create their own applications.
Why are you publishing this data using the GTFS format?
Using the GTFS format allows us to extend usage of this data to all of our customers, therefore eliminating the work involved in importing the data to different formats.
Do you offer technical support?
What are your plans for developing the feed?
We plan to keep developing and updating the format of our data as necessary.
When will the data change? Will it happen on a set schedule?
Data changes happen frequently but not on a set schedule. Check back here often to find out about data updates. Typically, updates to the GTFS file are made every few weeks.
Access and Use Agreement
1. License. Metrolinx hereby grants you a non-exclusive, limited and revocable license to use, reproduce and redistribute UP Express and GO Transit’s General Transit Feed Specification data (the “Data”), subject to and in accordance with this Agreement. For greater certainty, all references to the Data in this Agreement shall include any Data originally provided to you as well as any updates or additional Data provided to you from time to time; provided, however that you acknowledge and agree that Metrolinx shall be under no obligation to provide any updates or additional Data to you.
2. Ownership. Metrolinx shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the Data, and all intellectual property rights embodied in the Data, including any copyright, and any and all improvements and modifications thereto. You acknowledge that, except for the limited license granted in this Agreement, you shall acquire no proprietary rights from the use or distribution of the Data. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right, and will not attempt, to restrict, limit or prevent Metrolinx's use of the Data or the licensing of the Data for use by any third party. You further agree that the licence granted in Section 1 does not extend to the use of any Metrolinx trademarks (including, for greater certainty, any UP Express, GO or GO Transit trademarks), including any similarly confusing variants of the foregoing, and that the Metrolinx trademarks may not and shall not be used in association with the Data.
3. Legends. Unless otherwise agreed by Metrolinx, you must at all times present and identify the Data with the following legend, prominently displayed (but not necessarily on each page or view): Data used in this product or service is provided with the permission of Metrolinx. Metrolinx makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Data and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or currency of the data used in this product or service.
4. Metrolinx reserves the right to alter and/or no longer provide Data at any time without prior written notice.
5. Disclaimer. The Data is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You acknowledge that the Data provided may not be cleansed, completed or reconciled to ensure its accuracy and that any use, reproduction or redistribution of the Data shall be at your own risk. Metrolinx makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Data and hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy and non-infringement.
6. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances shall Metrolinx or its directors, officers, employees or agents be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including, without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or economic advantage) arising out of or related to the use of the Data, however caused and whether based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), equity or any other legal theory, and even if Metrolinx has been advised of the possibility thereof. You expressly acknowledge and agree that this limitation shall apply even if the Data is faulty, incomplete or inaccurate or causes damage to your computer system or the computer system of any third party or end user.
7. Indemnity. You agree that your use of the Data shall not be made the basis for any claim, suit, demand or other cause of action or other proceeding against Metrolinx, its officers, directors, employees or agents. You agree, at your expense, to indemnify, defend and hold Metrolinx, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless against any claim, suit, demand, action, or other proceeding brought or threatened by a third party or end user as a result of (i) your breach of this Agreement; and/or (ii) your use of the Data or your distribution of the Data to any third party or end user. For greater certainty, the foregoing indemnity shall apply regardless of the form of Data and whether or not it has been segregated, aggregated, combined with other third party information or otherwise modified.
8. Cancellation for non-compliance. Metrolinx may suspend or cancel your access to the Data at any time without notice or any other obligation to you, for any reason, including, without limitation, if: (i) your use of the Data is otherwise unlawful or harmful to others; or (ii) you have breached any term or condition of this Agreement. In the event of such suspension or cancellation, you will no longer be authorized to use, reproduce or redistribute the Data, and Metrolinx may use any means possible to enforce its decision. Any termination of your right to access the Data shall not relieve you from any liability accruing hereunder prior to the time that such suspension or cancellation becomes effective.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and all federal laws applicable therein.
- Metrolinx reserves the right to change, modify, alter or otherwise update this Agreement, without prior written notice at any time, at Metrolinx’s sole discretion.
- In its use of the Data, you shall comply with, and shall contractually ensure that all end users comply with, all applicable laws of the jurisdiction in which the Data is being used.
- If any term, condition, or provision in this Agreement is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such invalid term, condition or provision will be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and negotiations, both written and oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- Metrolinx is not deemed to have waived the exercise of any right that it holds under this Agreement unless such waiver is made in writing. Failure by Metrolinx to exercise any of its rights, powers or remedies hereunder or its delay to do so does not constitute a waiver of those rights, powers or remedies.