- GO to the CNE!
GO to the CNE!
Get ready for some fun, mark August 18 – September 4 on your calendars because Canada’s largest annual fair returns!
Join us this summer at the CNE in Toronto for an unforgettable experience filled with fun, entertainment, and delicious treats.
Our weekday group, and weekend passes will make your journey to the CNE hassle-free!
Additional Service starting August 18
Great news! Additional Service has been added to make sure planning your trip is easier than before!
Lakeshore East and West
Let’s GO to the EX! Starting August 18, we’re adjusting train schedules on the Lakeshore East and West Lines to get you to and from the CNE. We’ve even added late-night trips that usually only run on Fridays and Saturdays that will run all week for Lakeshore East and West Line customers during the duration of the CNE.
Barrie and Stouffville
Just in time for the CNE, more service is coming back on the Stouffville line! Learn more about these changes and how we’re enhancing your GO Transit experience.
Veterans Ride for Free on Warrior’s Day
On August 19th, veterans, active-duty, and retired Canadian Armed Forces personnel, along with a companion, can enjoy complimentary rides on GO Transit for the Warriors’ Day Parade at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).
To take advantage of this offer, those eligible are requested to display identifiable items such as medals, berets, uniforms, or identification cards while traveling. Immediate family members of deceased veterans can also avail this benefit by presenting relevant service papers or identification cards.
What Is The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)?
The Canadian National Exhibition, also known as the CNE or "The Ex", is an iconic event that takes place annually at the end of summer, and has been in operation for over 140 years.
The CNE opens its gates in late August and runs through early September, providing a thrilling end-of-summer experience for all. Located just steps away from Exhibition GO Station, the CNE offers a wide range of attractions, exhibitions, performances, and mouth-watering food. It's the perfect place to create lasting memories with your friends and family.
So if the CNE is an event that is on your summer to-do list, make sure you visit the official CNE webpage to confirm hours of operation so you don’t miss out on the fun!
Heading to the CNE? Save time and money with these easy options:
- If you’re travelling in a group or on a weekend, check out our GO e-tickets online or take advantage of one of the GO Transit Weekend Pass options. Be sure to activate your e-ticket five minutes before you board
- Travelling as a family? Remember, kids 12 and under ride FREE!
- In a hurry? GO with PRESTO contactless! Tap on and off a PRESTO device with your PRESTO, credit or debit card (including those cards on your phone or watch). Please use the same card or method to tap off
- If you’re a mobile user, you can instantly load funds and passes onto your PRESTO card.
Ready to ride tips and reminders:
- Strollers: With so many people using GO to get to the CNE, space is limited; courtesy and consideration will help make it a comfortable and safe ride for everyone. Please use a stroller that is foldable or can be easily stowed if you are able. To help make your journey easier, we’ve removed the metal pole from the middle of one doorway on each coach, providing you with more space to board and exit the train with your stroller. Spread out along the platform at your station and use all available doors to board if you can.
- A little extra time, a little extra patience can make a big difference for an enjoyable trip. Please give yourself a little extra time – trains and buses will be busier than usual during the CNE, as will our stations and parking lots.
CNE Tickets: Save on Admission with PRESTO
There’s even a way to save on admission to the CNE! You can save 20% off your CNE Admission Pass, and 37% off your Admission Pass + Ride All Day Pass with PRESTO Perks until September 4th. When buying your ticket online, you’ll be directed to enter your PRESTO card number, and from there you’ll be able to take advantage of some serious savings!
Things to do at the CNE
A foodie paradise
Indulge in a culinary adventure at the CNE. From classic fair favourites like cotton candy and corn dogs to unique and daring food creations, the CNE offers a diverse selection of mouth-watering treats. Explore the Food Building, where you'll find a wide variety of international cuisines, local delicacies, and sweet treats to satisfy any craving.
CNE Midway Rides and Games
Experience the excitement of thrilling rides and games at the CNE. From exhilarating roller coasters to classic midway attractions, there's something for everyone. Get your adrenaline pumping and enjoy a day filled with excitement and laughter
Entertainment at the CNE Bandshell
The CNE Bandshell lineup for 2023 is packed with incredible performances. Enjoy live concerts featuring talented musicians, dancers, and entertainers. From local acts to renowned artists, the CNE Bandshell offers a diverse range of performances that will keep you entertained throughout your visit.
Canadian International Air Show
Experience the thrill of aviation at the Canadian International Air Show during this year's CNE, taking place labour day weekend from September 2nd to 4th, between 12 PM and 3:30 PM. Watch breathtaking aerial displays that showcase the incredible skill and precision of pilots, making it a must-see event for all ages.
Fun for the Whole Family
From thrilling rides to engaging exhibits, there's something for everyone to enjoy. Kids can experience the joy of classic midway rides, from carousels to Ferris wheels, providing them with endless laughter and excitement.
Explore Kids' World, where interactive games, educational exhibits, and hands-on activities await. Young ones can marvel at the displays of animals, discover the wonders of science, and participate in interactive workshops. Don't miss the daily live entertainment, including captivating shows and performances specifically designed to entertain and engage children.
The best part? with GO Transit, Kids GO Free!
Want Exclusive Deals on GO?
Our emails deliver more than just updates to your inbox —it's a ticket to excitement, promotions, and tips. Don't miss the bus on all the fun!
GO Toy Pass
Between saving the universe, attending fancy tea parties or just going along for a ride, today’s toys are busier than ever. We want to make sure that no special toy is left behind. That’s why we are proud to introduce the GO Toy Pass. Not only do kids 12 and under GO free, but their favourite toy does too! Get ready for endless FREE bestie adventures on GO Transit!
This free pass will have the toy’s photo and details, along with important GO safety messaging on the back of the card to ensure kids' safe and fun adventures every time.
We’ll be at the CNE, ensuring no toy gets left behind! If you want to join us, bring a toy, and we’ll get your personalized Toy Pass printed on-site, in real-time! We’ll be available:
- Monday – Thursday: 12 – 4 PM
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays + Labour Day (September 4th): 10 AM – 7 PM
If you’re not planning on making the trip to the CNE, don’t worry! You can make your own GO Toy Pass at home! Simply click this link and follow the instructions. Here’s how the online pass works:
- Download the PDF
- Upload a great image of your toy (we recommend cropping the image to a 4X5 image ratio for best results)
- Fill out the toy’s information
- Print (we recommend two-sided!)
- Cut it out and keep it somewhere safe.
Make the most out of your trip to CNE!
We really want to make sure you're able to enjoy this year’s CNE to the fullest, so here are some tips to help:
- Check the CNE website for the latest information on hours of operation and special events.
- Plan ahead, check your schedules, and please be aware of any service updates (especially for Accessibility concerns)
- The CNE grounds are extensive. Make sure you wear comfy shoes.
- Rumour has it, the legendary GO Bear will be on-site, and he’ll be available for pictures – check back for confirmed times!
- Don't forget sunscreen to protect yourself from the harsh summer sun
- Enjoy the journey, sometimes it’s the best part! Plan your trip today!