Kids GO Free!
Kids GO Free!
- Kids GO Free!
Kids GO Free!
Travelling on GO Transit is even easier and more affordable than ever since kids 12 and under always ride FREE on all GO trains and buses! So, encourage the kids to put away their screens, and hop on GO for an amazing adventure around the city!
There are so many adventures to embark on for less, as parents and guadians can take advantage of some other fantastic savings on GO to really get the best bang for their buck. We also hope that with the new GO Toy Pass, kids' rides are even more enjoyable with their favourite toy along for the ride.
Families: Get ready to GO!
Drive less and play more! Here’s some fun things that your family can do during your GO Train or Bus ride:
- Bring along some games that are light and easy to pack such as cards or a small board game
- Keep the kids entertained along your whole journey with special themed colouring pages, currently featuring GO bear having fun in the snow
- Encourage your kids to look for interesting landmarks or animals during the ride
- Save some money by bringing some snacks that you know your family can safely enjoy onboard our vehicles
- Print out a map of your trip and count the stations to your destination and point out fun things along the way.
Know before you GO
Just a few things to keep in mind before you travel:
- Children do not require a ticket or PRESTO to travel
- If children are travelling on trains during rush hour – Monday to Friday before 9:30 am and between 3:00 and 6:30 pm - we ask that they use the lower level. The upper level of all trains is designated as the Quiet Zone by Audible during rush hour
- Kids 12 and under are also free on UP Express and TTC if you’re looking to extend your trip around Toronto or to the Pearson Airport
- If a child transfers to or from another local transit service, they will only be eligible for the co-fare discount when they use a PRESTO card
- Adults travelling with children can use PRESTO, or they can purchase one of the many fare options that's most suitable for them, including the GO Weekend Pass which provides unlimited travel on weekends from $10 per day.
- If you plan on bringing a large group of kids, please call us at 1-888-GET-ON-GO (438-6646) in advance so we can help accommodate your group
- We recommend children under 12 are accompanied by an adult when travelling on GO Transit. Children under 6 cannot travel alone.
New: GO Toy Pass!
Between saving the universe, attending fancy tea parties or just going along for a ride, today’s toys are busier than ever. Now, not only do kids GO free, but their best friends do too with the FREE GO Toy Pass! This pass will have the toy’s photo and details, along with important GO safety messaging on the back of the card to ensure safe and fun adventures.
Remember not to leave the house without your GO Toy Pass when the next bestie journey begins on GO Transit! GO staff may politely ask to see if you are carrying your toy's "proof of payment" (and if you don't yet have a GO Toy Pass, they can help you secure one for free!)
Want Exclusive Deals on GO?
Our emails deliver more than just updates to your inbox —it's a ticket to excitement, promotions, and tips. Don't miss the bus on all the fun!
Top attractions including PRESTO Perks Discounts
Free rides mean more adventures to your favourite attractions! Show your PRESTO card and save at some of Toronto's favourite attractions for families with kids. Get out and embark on a day of fun with the family today!
Lions and lemurs, gorillas and gibbons, rhinos and river otters — you’ll find all these animals and many more at the Toronto Zoo! Take a trip around the world without leaving the GTA and learn about animal habitats and conservation efforts while exploring the different geographical areas at the zoo. You don’t need to take a plane to get started on your wild globetrotting adventure — just hop aboard a GO bus. And, don’t forget to show your PRESTO card at the zoo gate to save on your admission!
- Where: 2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON
- Cost: PRESTO Perk - Show your PRESTO card at the gate to receive 20% off general admission or 10% off a new Toronto Zoo Membership.
- Get There With GO: Starting May 20, on weekends and holidays, most trips on GO bus route 96Z will include a stop at the Toronto Zoo.
At Immersive Disney Animation you won’t just see a whole new world, you’ll become part of it! Step inside your favorite Disney songs and stories - and see them come to life around you. From timeless classics to modern masterpieces, there is something for everyone. It’s magical!
- Where: Lighthouse ArtSpace, 1 Yonge St, Toronto
- Cost: PRESTO Perks - save with an exclusive offer on tickets.
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Walk east on Front St to Yonge St., then turn right and walk south to the corner of Queens Quay.
Hockey Hall of Fame
If you’re a hockey-loving family, the Hockey Hall of Fame is the outing for you! You can get an up-close look at the original Stanley Cup, and kids (and adults) will love putting their stick skills to the test with the interactive exhibits like Goodyear Shoot Out, Shut Out, and NHLPA Game Time. You’ll save 20% off regular admission rates with PRESTO Perks!
- Where: 30 Yonge Street, Toronto
- General admission (age 14-64) - $25 ($20 with discount)
- Senior (65+) - $20 ($16 with discount)
- Youth (age 4-13) - $15 ($12 with discount)
- Children 3 & under - free
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station and then walk east along Front St. for about 10 minutes.
Bird Kingdom Niagara Falls
Hundreds of tropical birds are waiting for you at Bird Kingdom Niagara Falls - the world’s largest free-flying indoor aviary. Feed nectar to friendly lorikeets, and marvel at over 40 other species of birds from around the world. You can enjoy 20% off general admission rates with PRESTO Perks!
- Where: 5651 River Rd., Niagara Falls
- Adult (age 16+) - $19.95 ($15.96 with discount)
- Children (age 3-15) - $15.95 ($12.96 with discount)
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Niagara Falls GO Station and then connect to the local WEGO bus system for a quick 8 minute ride (GO+WEGO Combo Tickets are a great option!). Or, if you prefer to walk from the station, enjoy a 25-minute stroll along River Rd.
Every Sunday Home Game at the Ballpark, with the exception of Mother’s Day (May 14) and Fan Appreciation Weekend presented by TD (October 1) is a Jr. Jays Sunday! Kids 14 and under can visit the Jr. Jays Zones on the 100, 200 and 500 levels – including the brand new Park Social as part of the Outfield District. Jr. Jays can take part in a variety of fun games and activities that will run from gates open until the end of the game.
- Where: Rogers Centre
- Cost: Tickets start at $20. Buy your tickets online!
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station. Proceed to the upper level of Union Station and follow the SkyWalk to the Rogers Centre.
Royal Ontario Museum
Dinosaurs, Egyptian mummies, the dark and exciting Bat Cave — ancient and natural history comes alive at the Royal Ontario Museum! Kids will love the Hands-On Biodiversity Area and the Discovery Gallery. Save 15% off regular admission rates with PRESTO Perks! You can also enjoy free admission for everyone on the third Tuesday of the month (4:30pm - 8:30pm only) and free admission for post-secondary students all day every Tuesday.
Dont forget to check out our webpage focused on Climate Change: ROM + Climate Change.
The following is a list of all of the current and upcoming exhibitions at ROM for 2023-2024:
- T. rex: The Ultimate Predator on view through September 4, 2023
- Music Born of the Cold, on view through September 24, 2023
- Canadian Modern, on view through October 15, 2023
- Being and Belonging, July 1 to November 19, 2023
- Death: Life's Greatest Mystery, October 28, 2023 to April 7, 2024
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year, November 26, 2023 to May 26, 2024
- Psychedelics, March 9, 2024 to September 2, 2024
Where: 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto
- Adult - $26 ($22.10 with discount)
- Seniors (age 65%)- $21 ($17.85 with discount)
- Student (with ID) - $20 ($17.00 with discount)
- Youth (age 15-19) - $20 ($17.00 with discount)
- Children (age 4-14) - $16 ($13.60 with discount)
- Age 3 & under - free
- Indigenous Peoples - free
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station and then connect to the TTC subway and travel to Museum station.
Art Gallery of Hamilton
The Art Gallery of Hamilton is the oldest and largest art museum in the region, and their permanent collection includes more than 10,000 works. The last Sunday of each month is Family Fun day, with hands-on activities and family-friendly tours offered. Best of all, you’ll get Buy One Get One Free on general admission with PRESTO Perks. Kids and students are always free and everyone can enjoy free admission on Thursdays.
- Where: 123 King St. West, Hamilton
- Adults - $15
- Seniors (65+) - $12
- Students (6+) - free
- Children (0-5) - free
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Hamilton GO Centre. From there, it’s an 8-minute walk via James St. S, Main St. W, and Summers Lane.
There are many more options in and around the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for that amazing family adventure with PRESTO Perks. Learn more here!
Centre Island Toronto
Are you a nature lover, adventure seeker or just want to spend time with the family? Centre Island is the perfect place to visit. Explore its lush green spaces, rent bicycles or kayaks, enjoy picnics, visit Centreville Amusement Park, or relax on its beautiful beaches. Now get on the GO then hop onto the ferry to explore the beautiful island.
- Where: Centre Island
- Cost: Ferry tickets can be purchased on the city side at the terminal or bought online.
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Then walk to Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and take the ferry to Centre Island.
Save with PRESTO Perks
Find out how and where you can show your PRESTO card to get discounts on some of Ontario's top attractions, through the PRESTO Perks program.