Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
Kids GO Free!
- Kids GO Free!
Kids GO Free!
Travelling on GO Transit is even easier and more affordable than ever since kids 12 and under always ride FREE on all GO trains and buses! So, encourage the kids to put away their screens, and hop on GO for an amazing adventure around the city!
There are so many adventures to embark on for less, as parents and guadians can take advantage of some other fantastic savings on GO to really get the best bang for their buck. We also hope that with the new GO Toy Pass, kids' rides are even more enjoyable with their favourite toy along for the ride.
Families: Get ready to GO!
Drive less and play more! Here’s some fun things that your family can do during your GO Train or Bus ride:
- Bring along some games that are light and easy to pack such as cards or a small board game
- Keep the kids entertained along your whole journey with special themed colouring pages, currently featuring GO bear having fun in the snow
- Encourage your kids to look for interesting landmarks or animals during the ride
- Save some money by bringing some snacks that you know your family can safely enjoy onboard our vehicles
- Print out a map of your trip and count the stations to your destination and point out fun things along the way.
Know before you GO
Just a few things to keep in mind before you travel:
- Children do not require a ticket or PRESTO to travel
- If children are travelling on trains during rush hour – Monday to Friday before 9:30 am and between 3:00 and 6:30 pm - we ask that they use the lower level. The upper level of all trains is designated as the Quiet Zone by Audible during rush hour
- Kids 12 and under are also free on UP Express and TTC if you’re looking to extend your trip around Toronto or to the Pearson Airport
- If a child transfers to or from another local transit service, they will only be eligible for the co-fare discount when they use a PRESTO card
- Adults travelling with children can use PRESTO, or they can purchase one of the many fare options that's most suitable for them, including the GO Weekend Pass which provides unlimited travel on weekends from $10 per day, or $15 for the full weekend, per person
- If you plan on bringing a large group of kids, please call us at 1-888-GET-ON-GO (438-6646) in advance so we can help accommodate your group
- We recommend children under 12 are accompanied by an adult when travelling on GO Transit. Children under 6 cannot travel alone.
New: GO Toy Pass!
Between saving the universe, attending fancy tea parties or just going along for a ride, today’s toys are busier than ever. Now, not only do kids GO free, but their best friends do too with the FREE GO Toy Pass! This pass will have the toy’s photo and details, along with important GO safety messaging on the back of the card to ensure safe and fun adventures.
Remember not to leave the house without your GO Toy Pass when the next bestie journey begins on GO Transit! GO staff may politely ask to see if you are carrying your toy's "proof of payment" (and if you don't yet have a GO Toy Pass, they can help you secure one for free!)
Top attractions with PRESTO Perks Discounts
Free rides mean more adventures to your favourite attractions! Show your PRESTO card and save at some of Toronto's favourite attractions for families with kids. Get out and embark on a day of fun with the family today!
Hockey Hall of Fame
If you’re a hockey-loving family, the Hockey Hall of Fame is the outing for you! You can get an up-close look at the original Stanley Cup, and kids (and adults) will love putting their stick skills to the test with the interactive exhibits like Goodyear Shoot Out, Shut Out, and NHLPA Game Time. You’ll save 20% off regular admission rates with PRESTO Perks!
- Where: 30 Yonge Street, Toronto
- General admission (age 14-64) - $25 ($20 with discount)
- Senior (65+) - $20 ($16 with discount)
- Youth (age 4-13) - $15 ($12 with discount)
- Children 3 & under - free
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station and then walk east along Front St. for about 10 minutes.
Bird Kingdom Niagara Falls
Hundreds of tropical birds are waiting for you at Bird Kingdom Niagara Falls - the world’s largest free-flying indoor aviary. Feed nectar to friendly lorikeets, and marvel at over 40 other species of birds from around the world. You can enjoy 20% off general admission rates with PRESTO Perks!
- Where: 5651 River Rd., Niagara Falls
- Adult (age 16+) - $19.95 ($15.96 with discount)
- Children (age 3-15) - $15.95 ($12.96 with discount)
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Niagara Falls GO Station and then connect to the local WEGO bus system for a quick 8 minute ride (GO+WEGO Combo Tickets are a great option!). Or, if you prefer to walk from the station, enjoy a 25-minute stroll along River Rd.
Royal Ontario Museum
Dinosaurs, Egyptian mummies, the dark and exciting Bat Cave — ancient and natural history comes alive at the Royal Ontario Museum! Kids will love the Hands-On Biodiversity Area and the Discovery Gallery. Save 20% off regular admission rates with PRESTO Perks! You can also enjoy free admission for everyone on the third Tuesday of the month (4:30pm - 8:30pm only) and free admission for post-secondary students all day every Tuesday.
- Where: 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto
- Adult - $23 ($18.40 with discount)
- Seniors - $18 ($14.40 with discount)
- Youth (age 15-19) - $18 ($14.40 with discount)
- Children (age 4-14) - $14 ($11.20 with discount)
- Age 3 & under - free
- Indigenous Peoples - free
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station and then connect to the TTC subway and travel to Museum station.
Art Gallery of Hamilton
The Art Gallery of Hamilton is the oldest and largest art museum in the region, and their permanent collection includes more than 10,000 works. The last Sunday of each month is Family Fun day, with hands-on activities and family-friendly tours offered. Best of all, you’ll get Buy One Get One Free on general admission with PRESTO Perks. Kids and students are always free and everyone can enjoy free admission on Thursdays.
- Where: 123 King St. West, Hamilton
- Adults - $15
- Seniors (65+) - $12
- Students (6+) - free
- Children (0-5) - free
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Hamilton GO Centre. From there, it’s an 8-minute walk via James St. S, Main St. W, and Summers Lane.
There are many more options in and around the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for that amazing family adventure with PRESTO Perks. Learn more here!