Happy Pride! GO Transit is committed to ensuring a safe and comfortable journey to all our passengers, year-round. Subscribe to our channel to stay on top of all our Safety Vlogs.
Ride with Pride on GO Transit!
Ride with Pride on GO Transit!
- Ride with Pride on GO Transit!
Ride with Pride on GO Transit!
At Metrolinx, it's Pride. Every day. Always. No matter where you are or where you're going, we're happy to move with you, and we're proud to be part of your journey with your safety top of mind. We are thrilled to be able to celebrate Pride festivities with you in-person once again. GO Transit is your best bet for convenience, affordability and safety to get to Pride festivities all across the Greater Golden Horseshoe in 2023. Ride with Pride, on GO Transit!
Special Service for the Toronto Pride Parade!
On Sunday June 25th for the Toronto Pride Parade, GO Transit is offering special train service on the Stouffville and Milton lines to ensure more opportunities for you to get to and from the parade with ease!
- Southbound trips from Stouffville to Toronto, leaving Old Elm GO Station at 8:46 am, 11:46 am and 8:31 pm, arriving at Union Station at 9:58 am , 12:58 pm and 9:43 pm respectively
- Northbound trips from Toronto to Stouffville, leaving Union Station at 10:13 am, 6:58 pm and 9:43 pm, arriving at Old Elm GO Station at 11:25 am, 8:10 pm and 10:55 pm respectively.
- Eastbound trips from Milton GO Station to Toronto, leaving at 8:56 am and 11:56 am, arriving at Union Station at 10:03 am and 1:03 pm respectively
- Westbount trips from Toronto to Milton, leaving Union Station at 7:10 pm and 9:55 pm, arriving at Milton GO Station at 8:15 pm and 11:00 pm respectively.
Save on travel with GO Weekend Passes - $10 for unlimited travel all day!
Pride Month Returns in Grand Style in 2023!
GO Transit is thrilled to once again celebrate a full month of Pride festivities in Toronto and across the Greater Golder Horseshoe!
Pride Toronto’s wonderful programming lineup is stronger than ever in 2023, with favourite events returning including the annual Trans March, Dyke March, Bi+ Pride Programming, Blockorama by Blackness Yes, Pride Parade, StreetFair, and multiple stages showcasing more than 300 2SLGBTQI+ artists. The full month of programming will conclude with the annual Festival Weekend on June 23-24-25, 2023.
We can't wait to march with you again in the Toronto Pride Parade on Sunday June 25th! Check your GO schedule to see how you can be there in person to celebrate with us, with special service just for the parade!
Save on all your travel needs throughout Pride Festivals with GO Transit
GO Transit offers a variety of convenient and affordable travel options to get you anywhere you need to go throughout Pride. For weekend events, be sure to use a $10 One-Day Pass for unlimited GO travel on a Saturday or Sunday.
Remember that kids aged 12 and under always ride free on GO, so bring the whole family on GO Transit!
Celebrating Pride - 365 days a year
Metrolinx is dedicated to supporting the 2SLGBTQI+ community year-round, internally and across our system. We value the diversity of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, and are committed to being leaders in supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Metrolinx also has a robust Inclusion Strategy, which is supported by education, unconscious bias training (including 2SLGBTQI+ awareness), and clear harassment and discrimination policies.
GO Safely! Proud to be part of #Pride
We’re committed to making it easier for you to get around each and every day. Part of that commitment is ensuring that everyone feels safe, comfortable and accepted along the journey. Our “Pride. Every Day. Always” GO bus will be in rotation 365 days a year. You may see the bus in a neighbourhood near you!
Travel to Pride Events across the GGH
With GO Transit, you can visit Pride events in all cities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe - even those happening in different places on the same day!
Here are just some of the events happening around our region that would make for an amazing experience.
- May 27 - June 4 - Niagara Pride
- Saturday June 3 - Barrie Pride
- Sunday June 4 - Durham Pride
- June 8 - 18 - Guelph Pride
- Saturday June 17 - York Pride
- June 19 - 25 - Brantford Pride
- Sunday June 25 - Toronto Pride
- Sunday August 27 - Hamilton Pride
- September 15 - 24 - Peterborough Pride
There are so many for you to discover! Plan your trip now!
Memories of Past Pride Events
What are some of your favourite past Pride memories? Which special people were there to share them with you? Reminiscing with those friends, even if it’s over text or video chat, can help us feel like we’re still coming together to celebrate.
GO Transit has been involved in Toronto Pride since 2012, so we have a lot of fun memories! From fundraising to bus wraps to participation in Pride parades, our presence at Pride has increased through the years.
Here are some of our favourite memories:
- 2012 - Our first time participating in the Toronto Pride Parade! What was your first Pride event?
- 2014 - More than 75 Metrolinx employees marched together to celebrate World Pride, joined by GO Bear and a wrapped GO bus!
- 2015 - We changed our Pride slogan from “GO Proud” to “Moving Together” to be inclusive of all of Metrolinx.
- 2016 - This was our first year wrapping a Traffic Safety patrol car for Pride. We also added our presence to the Hillside Topiary and an electronic billboard along the Gardiner Expressway.
- 2017 - We participated in York Pride for the first time! We also started offering our customers special pricing promotions to attend Pride Toronto. We’re looking forward to doing this again when in-person events resume in the future!
- 2019 - Over 200 employees participated in Pride events in Toronto, York, and Durham! We sold Pride t-shirts and donated the funds to Rainbow Railroad, a Canadian charity that helps LGBTQ+ individuals escape violence and persecution in their home countries.
- 2020 & 2021 - We participated in the Virtual Toronto Pride Parades - a first for all of us! Our slogan became “Pride Rolls On”. We also advanced our internal Pride program and inclusion strategy because we believe in supporting diversity and inclusion all year round.
- 2022 - Celebrating 10 years of in-person Pride festivities! Metrolinx employees returned to the streets of Pride Toronto for the first time in 3 years with a brand new wrapped GO Bus and a parade contingent louder and more vibrant than ever!