Date Updated: May 21, 2022
Note: As of May 21, 2022, evening and weekend train trips are back on the Barrie Line.
All aboard to Barrie! Our GO Train and Bus service between Toronto and Barrie operates seven days a week.
Don't stress about those gas prices, either: By booking a trip to Barrie with GO, you will be able to relax and enjoy those cost savings before hitting those hiking or cycling trails. Barrie is your destination for a day or weekend of outdoor fun!
Plan your trip to Barrie today, and get GOing!
Unlimited Weekend Travel to/from Barrie is Only $15
A day trip or even a whole weekend away doesn’t have to put a big dent in your wallet. We’re offering One-Day and Weekend Passes to help you visit friends and family, or get out and explore Barrie, in a cost-efficient way.
- Weekend Passes are only available for purchase online. Buy them HERE!
- $10 One-Day Passes are valid for unlimited travel on a Saturday, or Sunday, or Holiday.
- $15 Weekend Passes are valid for unlimited travel all weekend - Saturday, Sunday, and any additional holiday adjacent to the weekend.
- Use your smartphone to access your e-ticket.
- Remember to activate your ticket 5 minutes before your trip.
- Special flat-fare tickets, including the Weekend Pass and Weekend Day Pass for unlimited travel, are not eligible for Service Guarantee refunds.
- Starting Sept. 6 2022, the validation period for GO Transit e-tickets and passes is changing to seven days. E-tickets and passes purchased on or before Sept. 5, 2022, will continue to be valid for up to one year from the date of purchase, as long as they’re not activated.
- Make the most of your weekend travel plans!
Welcome the Barrie Waterfront Views
Spend some time at one of Barrie’s fantastic beaches. One of our top choices? Centennial Beach. With a children’s playground, Mobi Mats for accessibility, daily lifeguard supervision, and more, it is a prime spot to park yourself when you need a break from the city’s hustle and bustle.
There are a ton of other Barrie beaches you can explore along the waterfront, too. Take Johnson’s Beach, Minet’s Point Park & Beach or Tyndale Park & Beach.
And for those of you who love to fish, Kempenfelt Bay offers relaxing shore fishing.
Cycle Through the Scenic Trails Around Barrie, Ontario
Barrie certainly has some outstanding biking trails. There are even a ton of rental shops for anyone looking to sightsee and cruise through the streets.
For both casual riders and advanced cyclists, Tourism Barrie has mapped out four bike routes, making it much easier to plot your path. From a trail that highlights Barrie’s heritage buildings, to a tour of Barrie’s art galleries, there is a ton to see in the area.
If neither of those is what you are craving? Well, why not choose a route that has food and drinks along the way?
Take a Heritage Walking Tour in Barrie
Take a self-guided heritage walking tour through the city of Barrie. Educate yourself a bit about your surroundings.
With seven tours to choose from, there is sure to be one that catches your eye.
Or Maybe Go for a Hike Instead?
Barrie is also known for its beautiful hiking trails.
You can walk the waterfront trail along Kempenfelt Bay. You can enjoy the trails and the Barrie Arboretum in Sunnidale Park. Or you can have an adventure at the Ardagh Bluffs. If you love the outdoors, you need to visit Barrie this season. It’s a family-friendly space for nature lovers to enjoy.
Downtown Restaurants in Barrie
Eating is a vital part of any trip, no matter the length.
Don’t forget that you can take advantage of our train and bus service and plan a day trip to Toronto!
- See some captivating and amazing exhibits at The Royal Ontario Museum
- Take a stroll through the Distillery District or St. Lawrence Market
- Or, try our new GO bus to the Toronto Zoo!