Pre-buy your mobile ticket now!
The festival of Caribbean music, cuisine, visual and performing arts takes over Toronto every year, ending with the highlight event, the Grand Parade, which takes place on August 3.
Get to the parade with a GO Transit mobile e-ticket: now available!
* Must pre-purchase tickets online. Not available at station.
Enjoy Extra GO Train Service to the Parade!
We’re happy to provide extra GO train service so you can get your groove on as soon as you board the train. You won’t want to miss a moment of this and we’re ready to take you there!
The Grand Parade
- Saturday August 3rd from 8:30am to 9:00pm
- Exhibition Place & Lakeshore Blvd
- Closest GO Station: Exhibition
Lakeshore West & East Lines
- Lakeshore line passengers can take advantage of regularly scheduled trips, running every 30 minutes.
- A trip from Milton GO at 10:59 a.m. will make all stops to Exhibition GO, arriving at 12:17 p.m.
- A trip from Exhibition GO at 6:15 p.m. will make all stops to Milton GO, arriving at 7:39 p.m.
- A trip from Georgetown GO at 10:30 a.m. will make all stops to Exhibition GO, arriving at 11:51 a.m.
- A trip from Exhibition GO at 6:45 p.m. will make all stops to Georgetown GO, arriving at 8:11 p.m.
* For Kitchener customers, extra service on GO Bus Route 30 will connect to/from the special event train at Bramalea GO. For Guelph and Acton customers, extra service on GO Bus Route 33 will connect to/from the special event train at Georgetown GO.
- A trip from Lincolnville GO at 10:35 a.m. will make all stops to Exhibition GO, arriving at 12:01 p.m.
- A trip from Exhibition GO at 7:15 p.m. will make all stops to Lincolnville GO, arriving at 8:48 p.m.
- Barrie line passengers can take weekend train service, with stops along the Barrie line then connect to the Lakeshore West train to get you to and from Exhibition GO.
Niagara Seasonal Service
- Niagara passengers can take GO’s seasonal train service, with stops on the Lakeshore West line at Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Burlington, Oakville, Port Credit and Exhibition GO Station.
- Regular GO Bus service is available to/from Union Station Bus Terminal, with connections at Union Station to the Lakeshore West train to get you to and from Exhibition GO for the parade.
Want to bring a stroller aboard our train? Please do so! Just keep in mind that trains will be busier during the Caribbean Carnival, so if possible, use strollers that are compact and foldable. Also, try to avoid boarding the Accessibility Coach – 5th coach, in the middle of the train – as priority seating is given to those with special needs. We know space is limited; courtesy and consideration will help make it a comfortable and safe ride for everyone.
Tap on and off with PRESTO
If you’re a regular PRESTO user and have Union Station as one of your default settings, don’t forget to override your settings at the PRESTO machine. Press the “Override” button, then tap your PRESTO card on the device before boarding the train. When you reach your destination, tap off. Your defaults will go back to your regular setting the next time you travel. How convenient is that?
A little bit of time, a little extra patience
Everyone loves going to Caribbean Carnival, so it’s going to be busy. Please give yourself extra time – trains and buses will be busier than normal as well as our stations, parking lots and ticket counters. A few extra minutes and a little extra patience can make a big difference and make your trip more enjoyable.