Kids 12 and Under Now Ride Free on All GO Trains and Buses.
Travelling on the GO is even easier and more affordable now that kids 12 and under always ride free on all GO Trains and Buses. Sit back, relax and spend some quality time together as a family on the GO. That’s not all, you can save even more with PRESTO Perks. Find out how you can show your PRESTO card to get discounts at some of Toronto’s top attractions.
Drive less and play more
Here’s some fun things that your family can do during your GO Train or Bus ride:
- Bring along some games that are light and easy to pack such as cards or a small board game. A quick online search will reveal tons of printable games that are convenient for travelling. Print out a few pages and have some fun on the GO.
- Encourage your kids to look for interesting landmarks or animals during the ride. Save money and bring some snacks that you know your family enjoys.
- Print out a map of your trip and count the stations to your destination and point out fun things along the way.
Know before you GO
Just a few things to keep in mind before you travel:
- Children do not require a ticket or PRESTO to travel.
- If children are travelling on trains during rush hour – Monday to Friday before 9:30 am and between 3:00 and 7:30 pm, we ask that they use the lower level. The upper level of all trains is designated as a Quiet Zone during rush hour.
- If a child transfers to or from a local transit service or the TTC, they will only be eligible for the co-fare discount when they use a PRESTO card.
- Adults travelling with children can use PRESTO, or they can purchase single-ride adult tickets or day passes at the station or Ticket Vending Machines.
- If you plan on bringing a large group of kids, please call us at 1-888-GET-ON-GO (438-6646) in advance so we can help accommodate your group.