At Metrolinx, no matter where you are or where you're going, we're happy to move with you, and we're proud to be part of your journey with your safety top of mind. After three long years, we are thrilled to be able to celebrate Pride festivities with you in-person once again. GO Transit is your best bet for convenience, affordability and safety to get to Pride festivities all across the Greater Golden Horseshoe in 2022. Ride with Pride, on GO Transit!
Plan your trip today! Travelling on a weekend? Buy your $10 Weekend Day Pass or $15 Full Weekend Pass.
Pride Returns in Grand Style in 2022!
GO Transit is thrilled to once again celebrate a full month of Pride festivities in Toronto and across the Greater Golder Horseshoe - in-person at last!
Pride Toronto’s wonderful programming lineup is stronger than ever in 2022, with favourite events returning including the annual Trans March, Dyke March, Bi+ Pride Programming, Blockorama by Blackness Yes, Pride Parade, StreetFair, and multiple stages showcasing more than 300 2SLGBTQ+ artists. The full month of programming will conclude with the annual Festival Weekend on June 24-25-26, 2022.
We can't wait to march with you again in the Toronto Pride Parade on Sunday June 26th! Check your GO schedule to see how you can be there in person to celebrate with us.
Save on all your travel needs throughout Pride festivals with GO Transit
GO Transit offers a variety of convenient and affordable travel options to get you anywhere you need to go throughout Pride. For weekend events, be sure to use a $10 One-Day Pass for unlimited GO travel on a Saturday or Sunday, or a $15 Weekend Pass for unlimited GO travel all weekend long.
We’ve also increased discounts on some of our fares to help customers save more money. Our discount for all youth aged 13-19 and full-time post-secondary students has increased from 22.5% to 40% off the regular adult fare. Our Co-Fare discount has increased to 100% off on most local transit agencies. That means that your local fares are now FREE when you connect to or from GO Transit.
Remember that kids aged 12 and under always ride free on GO, so bring the whole family on GO Transit!
Celebrating Pride - 365 days a year
Metrolinx is dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community year-round, internally and across our system. We value the diversity of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, and are committed to being leaders in supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Metrolinx also has a robust Inclusion Strategy, which is supported by education, unconscious bias training (including LGBTQ+ awareness), and clear harassment and discrimination policies.
We’re committed to making it easier for you to get around each and every day. Part of that commitment is ensuring that everyone feels safe, comfortable and accepted along the journey. Our “Ride With Pride” GO bus will be in rotation 365 days a year. You may see the bus in a neighbourhood near you!
Travel to Pride Events across the GGH
With GO Transit, you can visit Pride events in all cities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe - even those happening in different places on the same day!
Here are just some of the events happening around our region that would make for an amazing experience. Check out our interactive map to see how easy it is to get there with GO!
- Sunday May 29 - Durham Pride
- Sunday June 5 - Niagara Pride
- Saturday June 11 - Barrie Pride
- Saturday June 18 - Brantford Pride
- Saturday June 18 - York Pride
- Sunday June 19 - Brampton Pride
- Sunday June 19 - Guelph Pride
- Sunday June 26 - Toronto Pride
- Saturday September 24 - Peterborough Pride
There are so many for you to discover! Plan your trip now!
Memories of Past Pride Events
What are some of your favourite past Pride memories? Which special people were there to share them with you? Reminiscing with those friends, even if it’s over text or video chat, can help us feel like we’re still coming together to celebrate.
GO Transit has been involved in Toronto Pride since 2012, so we have a lot of fun memories! From fundraising to bus wraps to participation in Pride parades, our presence at Pride has increased through the years.
Here are some of our favourite memories:
- 2012 - Our first time participating in the Toronto Pride Parade! What was your first Pride event?
- 2014 - More than 75 Metrolinx employees marched together to celebrate World Pride, joined by GO Bear and a wrapped GO bus!
- 2015 - We changed our Pride slogan from “GO Proud” to “Moving Together” to be inclusive of all of Metrolinx.
- 2016 - This was our first year wrapping a Traffic Safety patrol car for Pride. We also added our presence to the Hillside Topiary and an electronic billboard along the Gardiner Expressway.
- 2017 - We participated in York Pride for the first time! We also started offering our customers special pricing promotions to attend Pride Toronto. We’re looking forward to doing this again when in-person events resume in the future!
- 2018 - We started our official partnership with Pride Toronto and we sold Pride t-shirts to fundraise for The 519 in the Church Wellesley Village. Our slogan changed to “Ride With Pride”.
- 2019 - Over 200 employees participated in Pride events in Toronto, York, and Durham! We sold Pride t-shirts and donated the funds to Rainbow Railroad, a Canadian charity that helps LGBTQ+ individuals escape violence and persecution in their home countries.
- 2020 & 2021 - We participated in the Virtual Toronto Pride Parades - a first for all of us! Our slogan became “Pride Rolls On”. We also advanced our internal Pride program and inclusion strategy because we believe in supporting diversity and inclusion all year round.
- 2022 - Celebrating 10 years of in-person Pride festivities! We can't wait to see you all across the region this year to make even more great memories.