Train Schedule Changes
Fall Weekend Service Adjustments
To allow for critical upgrades to our network there will be a number of weekend service adjustments this fall.
Below are the planned service adjustments for the remainder of the year.
Lakeshore West Friday Evening Adjustments Details
There will be hourly service starting with the 6:13 pm trip from Union and the 7:38 pm trip from Oshawa.
Lakeshore West Saturday & Sunday Adjustments Details
December 15 & 16
There will be hourly service across the line, with train service starting at Whitby at 0:47 and Union at 0:13 past each hour.
Bus shuttles will operate between Whitby and Oshawa.
Trains replaced by buses nightly on the Stouffville line
We’re making progress on the track and switch work on the Stouffville line that will mean more service for you in the future. To complete this work safely, trains will continue to be replaced by buses weekday evenings in December and into next year.
The last Stouffville line train leaving Union Station will be at 8:30 pm. The last train leaving Unionville is at 9:01 pm.
- The 9:40 pm train will be replaced by 3 buses leaving the Union Station Bus Terminal at 9:40, 9:45 and 9:50 pm, and will make all stops to Unionville.
- The 10:30 pm train will be replaced by 3 buses leaving the Union Station Bus Terminal at 10:30 and 10:40 pm, running express to Unionville and at 10:35 pm running express to Unionville and then all stops to Lincolnville.
- The 10:11 pm train leaving Unionville GO will be replaced by a bus running express to Union departing at 10:20 pm.
- The 11:01 pm train leaving Unionville GO will be replaced by a bus running express to Union departing at 11:10 pm.
Replacement buses will board at platform 47 at the Union Station Bus Terminal and PRESTO users can tap on at the bus for their trip.
Passengers needing to access Kennedy, Agincourt or Milliken can continue to use their GO fare on the TTC.
We know that service adjustments can be inconvenient and we appreciate your patience.
Year-round weekday train service to Niagara starts January 7
We’re very excited to bring new year-round weekday GO train service to Niagara Falls and St. Catharines starting January 7, 2019, several years ahead of schedule.
- The existing weekday 6:39 a.m. eastbound trip from West Harbour GO will now begin at Niagara Falls at 5:19 a.m., stop at St. Catharines at 5:41 a.m. and continue on to West Harbour, making all stops to Clarkson then running express to Union Station as usual and at the current times.
- The existing weekday 5:15 p.m. westbound trip from Union to West Harbour will be extended to make a stop at St. Catharines at 7:22 p.m., and arrive at Niagara Falls at 7:47 p.m.
Full schedules will be available in mid-December.
Use PRESTO for easier travel
Niagara Falls and St. Catharines stations have ticket vending machines where you can instantly load your PRESTO card using cash, credit or debit, check your card balance and transaction history and more. Go to prestocard.ca to set up Autoload – this feature reloads your card automatically when your balance drops below a dollar amount chosen by you.
If you don’t have a PRESTO card yet, you can order it online at prestocard.ca, buy one at most GO stations or at other customer service outlets listed on the PRESTO website. PRESTO cards are also sold at the Niagara Falls Bus Terminal, right across the street from the train station.
GO single-ride tickets, day passes and group passes can also be purchased at the machines.