Train Schedule Changes
Starting September 3, we’re bringing more weekday rush-hour GO train options along the Lakeshore West line to give you more choices during your commute and making weekend Niagara GO train service a year-round thing.
Double the rush-hour service for West Harbour GO customers with four more trips:
- Two existing morning rush-hour trips that depart Aldershot GO at 7:23 and 8:03 a.m. will now be extended to start at West Harbour GO at 7:09 a.m., and 7:49 a.m., making the usual stops, and arriving at Union Station at 8:20 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- We’re introducing a new trip from Union Station at 4:45 p.m., running express to Clarkson GO and arriving at West Harbour GO at 5:57 p.m.
- The existing 6:30 p.m. trip from Union Station will be extended to serve West Harbour GO, arriving at 7:42 p.m.
More trips to Aldershot:
- We’re extending two existing trips to serve Aldershot GO. The 3:13 and 6:15 p.m. trips from Union Station will now continue to Aldershot GO, arriving at 4:21 p.m. and 7:23 p.m.
Niagara: all week, all year:
- Our weekend train service between Toronto and Niagara Falls will now run all year round, so you can get to visit friends, family or popular attractions in the peace and comfort of a GO train – no matter the season.
On the eastbound 8:32 a.m. trip from Oakville we’re increasing the number of coaches from 10 to 12 to provide more seats and more room.
Starting September 3, all stations along the Lakeshore East line will have a few more trip options during the weekday.
- New eastbound trips from Union Station at 2:58 and 3:28 p.m. will serve all stops to Oshawa GO, arriving at 3:56 and 4:26 p.m.
- A new westbound 4:48 p.m. trip from Oshawa GO will serve all stops to Union Station, arriving at 5:50 p.m.
- The westbound 1:52 p.m. trip from Oshawa GO will now depart at 1:53 p.m., make stops at Whitby, Ajax and Pickering then run express to Union, arriving at 2:46 p.m.
Starting September 3, we’re bringing more weekday rush-hour GO train options along the Kitchener line to give you more choices during your commute. You’ll also have more weekday trip options outside of the rush-hours to fit in special appointments or anything else that comes your way.
New express trip option to Bramalea GO, then all stops to Kitchener GO:
- Customers travelling to Kitchener GO on the 6 p.m. trip from Union Station will arrive 20 minutes earlier because the train will now run express to Bramalea GO.
- Those travelling to other stops west of Bramalea GO will save at least 10 minutes in their homebound commutes.
- If you’re going to Bloor, Weston, Etobicoke North or Malton GO station, you can take the new 5:45 p.m. westbound trip from Union Station.
New afternoon all-stops option to Bramalea GO:
- One new homebound 5:45 p.m. trip from Union Station will serve all stops to Bramalea GO, arriving at 6:21 p.m.
- These customers can take this trip instead of the 6 p.m. trip from Union Station, which will now run express to Bramalea GO.
In case you need to stay later, we’re introducing hourly evening train service to and from Bramalea GO:
- The last train from Bramalea GO will leave at 10:14 p.m. and arrive at Union Station at 10:51 p.m. The last train from Union will leave at 10:53 p.m. and arrive at Bramalea GO at 11:27 p.m.
- Some of these trips go as far as Mount Pleasant GO.
We’re extending some existing trips all the way to Kitchener GO:
- The 12:53 p.m. westbound trip from Union will now make all stops to Kitchener and arrive at 2:47 p.m.
- The 9 a.m. eastbound trip from Mount Pleasant GO will now start in Kitchener at 7:57 a.m.
- The 3:52 p.m. eastbound trip from Mount Pleasant GO will start at Kitchener at 2:57 p.m. and will depart eight minutes later at all stations.
We’re also introducing a few late-night trips, so you can come into the city for a game or a show and leave the car behind:
- A new 9:53 p.m. trip from Union Station will make all stops to Kitchener GO, arriving at 11:47 p.m.
- A new 10:53 p.m. trip from Union Station will make all stops to Guelph Central GO, arriving at 12:22 a.m.
- A new 8:57 p.m. trip from Kitchener GO will make all stops to Union Station, arriving at 10:51 p.m.
We’re making some other changes to our train schedules to better reflect actual travel times and to accommodate other rail traffic in the network. Some Kitchener line trains will leave up to five minutes earlier, with others leaving up to eight minutes later.
Important information about accessible service at Bramalea GO station:
- The new 5:45 p.m. westbound from Union, as well as the new 6:14 and 7:14 p.m. eastbound trips from Bramalea, will use a temporary platform on the south side of the station, which has no elevator access to the north side of the station. If you need to use an elevator, do not take these trains.
- Most other trains will depart from the regular platform, which has elevator access to the station building, north parking lot and bus loop. Check here for more information.
- Door restrictions at Bramalea will continue due to platform construction. Please listen to the announcements on your train.
- Call our Contact Centre at 1-888-438-6646 if you need further information about the changes at Bramalea GO.
We know that parking at some of our stations can be a challenge and we’re working to improve that. Consider other ways of getting to the station such as carpooling or taking local transit. You can ride at a reduced fare on most local transit buses when connecting to GO services. Find out more here.
We’re changing the size of some trains to better match ridership. These trains will now be six coaches long so you may need to adjust where you wait on the platform:
- The 11 a.m. eastbound trip from Mount Pleasant GO.
- The 2:57 p.m. eastbound trip from Kitchener GO.
- The 9:48 a.m. westbound trip from Union Station.
Starting September 3, Stouffville evening trains return and are extended to Mount Joy GO:
Evening train service is returning along the Stouffville line and extends to Mount Joy GO. We’ve completed construction work that will help us add more service in the future.
Departure times have been adjusted to give you hourly service from Union to Mount Joy in the evenings.
Evening bus service will continue to help you transition back to the train.
We’re changing the size of some trains to better match ridership. These trains will now be six coaches long so you may need to adjust where you wait on the platform.
- The 1:31 p.m. southbound trip from Mount Joy GO.
- The 12:15 p.m. northbound trip from Union Station.
Buses will continue to replace some evening train trips until September 3.
The last northbound train from Union Station departs at 8 p.m. The last southbound train from Unionville departs at 3:46 p.m.
On September 21 and 22, buses will replace trains on the Barrie line so we can safely complete several important maintenance projects.
Buses will not stop at all GO stations during this service adjustment:
- Buses will not stop at Downsview Park GO. If you are travelling to and from Downsview Park GO and Union Station, you can take the TTC's Line 1. If you are travelling from King City GO, Rutherford or Maple GO stations to Downsview Park, visit Triplinx.ca for alternative GO or York Region Transit bus options.
Southbound replacement buses will serve the following routes:
- Allandale Waterfront GO to Barrie South GO, then express to Union Station
- East Gwillimbury GO to Newmarket GO to Aurora GO, then express to Union Station
- King City GO to Maple GO to Rutherford GO, then express to Union Station
Northbound replacement buses will serve the following routes:
- Union Station express to Rutherford then Maple GO and King City GO
- Union Station express to Aurora GO, with transfers northbound
- Union Station express to Aurora GO then Newmarket GO and East Gwillimbury GO, with transfers northbound
- Union Station express to Barrie South GO then Allandale Waterfront GO
- Northbound buses serving Rutherford GO then Maple GO and King City GO stations will not continue north. You can board at Union Station or Aurora to travel north of Aurora.
When using a PRESTO card, tap on the bus and off at your final destination.
Use our See Schedules tool to plan your trip ahead of time.
We regularly perform maintenance work to help keep service consistent and comfortable for you. This work can only be completed when trains aren’t running. We’re doing multiple projects over the weekend, which aren’t as busy, to minimize the disruption to you.
When we’re finished, there will be several improvements you’ll benefit from across the line:
- Repairs to rail-road crossings at 9th Line near Bradford GO and at Innisfil Beach Road near Barrie South GO, giving you a more comfortable ride and ensuring reliability of service on the line.
- Preparatory work at Rutherford GO as we get ready to separate Rutherford Road from the train tracks and make track improvements, improving safety and traffic flow in the community.
- Installation of concrete track panels and waterproofing on the Rogers Road rail bridge, for a smoother crossing over the bridge and ensuring durability of bridge infrastructure.
- Switch maintenance and signalling improvements in the Union Station Rail Corridor that will improve service reliability, eliminate bottlenecks and increase train speeds. This work will also ensure that we’re ready for two-way, all day transit with 15-minute service or better within the most heavily travelled Metrolinx-owned rail corridors, twice the train trips during rush hour and four times the number of train trips outside of rush hour and on weekends.
We appreciate your patience during this work.
Starting September 3, we’re changing the size of some trains to better match ridership.
On the weekday northbound 7:05 p.m. trip from Union Station, we’re increasing the number of coaches from six to 10 to provide more seats and more room.
Also, the number of coaches on the following trains will be reduced to six, so you may need to adjust where you wait on the platform:
- The 8:41, 9:41 and 10:41 p.m. southbound trips from Aurora GO.
- The 7:40, 8:40, 9:40 and 10:40 p.m. northbound trips from Union Station.
- The 3:01 and 7:21 p.m. southbound trips from Aurora GO.
- The 4:20 p.m. southbound trip from Allandale Waterfront GO.
- The 11:40 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. northbound trips from Union Station.