Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
Aurora GO Station Improvement
- Aurora GO Station Improvement
We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are coming to Aurora GO Station. We're installing a second track, updating amenities, enhancing parkging and creating more connections.
Over the next 25 years, the York Region population is expected grow by 68 per cent. Metrolinx is building in and around Aurora to provide residents with more connections and better service that meets the demands of the growing population, regardless of how you choose to get around.
Parking structure upgrades
We are upgrading the parking structure at your station. Here’s what you need to know:
- The work will be done in phases, focusing on one level or part of a level at a time.
- Areas that need to close for construction will be clearly marked, so please follow construction and directional signs.
- Accessible and reserved parking spaces in affected areas will be temporarily relocated. Reserved parking customers will be contacted in advance and notified of their newly designated spot.
- A section of the parking lot at 12 Industrial Parkway will be closed to accommodate a construction trailer and materials.
We expect to finish the work at the end of 2023. Thank you for your patience as we make improvements to your station.
How You'll Benefit:
We’re making improvements at Aurora GO Station that will accommodate more service options and provide better customer access. These improvements include:
- constructing a second platform
- installing a second track
- adding approximately 380 new parking spaces
- upgrading rail signal
- building a new pedestrian tunnel with elevators
- installing edge tactile tile on the existing east platform for improved accessibility.
Updated February 16, 2023 | Renderings subject to change