Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
Milliken GO Station Improvement
- Milliken GO Station Improvement
We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Milliken GO Station. We're updating amenities, building a vehicle underpass and pedestrian bridge on Steeles Ave, enhancing accessibility, and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Starting Monday, May 8, the east platform, north and south tunnel at Milliken GO will be available for you to use.
Here is what you need to know:
- Access the new platform through the south pedestrian tunnel located next to the station building or near the north end tunnel of both platforms. (See map)
- PRESTO devices will be near the station building, within the pedestrian tunnels including the east and west platform for you to use.
- Trains will be using the east platform only. Please give yourself enough time to safely cross through the tunnel to board your train.
- Door restrictions for boarding and exiting your train will end.
Access to the station building will remain unchanged. Please use caution when moving around construction areas as we finish activities at your station.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your station.
Changes to Steeles Ave E during construction
Here is what you need to know:
- Two lanes in each direction will be maintained on the south side of the underpass while construction continues on the north side. The pedestrian walkway will be available on the south side of Steeles Avenue East along the new retaining wall.
- We’re building to accommodate more GO customers and increase GO Transit service along the Stouffville line. The underpass bridge will provide a protected pedestrian walkway across Steeles and allow vehicles and trains to move through the area more easily.
- Remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Agincourt and Unionville.
We continue to build an underpass bridge near the train tracks. We are doing this so trains and cars can move through the area more easily.
You will still be able to access the station along Redlea Blvd, but please give yourself extra time to catch your train. If you normally walk to the station, please use the temporary walkways provided.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. Once this works completes, you will have access to:
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- a canopy-covered walkway to Steeles Avenue
- an underpass bridge on Steeles Ave to separate the train tracks from Steeles Avenue, so that trains and cars can move through the area more easily
- a pedestrian bridge across Steeles Ave that will connect to both platforms.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all-day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor.
Updated May 17, 2023 | Renderings subject to change.