We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Agincourt GO Station. We're updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Construction has begun on the staircase structure on the north side of Sheppard Avenue East.
Here is what you need to know:
- The north sidewalk on Sheppard Avenue East will be closed for about four months. Pedestrians should use the south sidewalk and the signalized north-south crosswalks at the station entrance or at Lamont Avenue.
- The work will take place between Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Agincourt GO Map
New Train Platform
- A portion of the west platform is open. The east platform and north walkway are closed for construction.
- Entrances will safely lead you to your new platform – one will be near the station building and another further south, will give you direct access to the platform from the parking lot.
- Not all doors on your train will open at Agincourt. If you’re unsure, please look at your station’s boarding infographic below or ask a Customer Service Ambassador for assistance.
- The new platform means a shorter walk from the parking lot to where you board your train.
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
As work progresses, you can expect additional changes to the parking lot layout. However, the current number of parking spaces will always remain as we work to improve your station.
When the south side of the platform work is complete and the first tunnel and elevator are installed, we will switch our work to the north side of the station. This means door restrictions will also change.
How You Will Benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across our network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
New Station Building Has Opened!
- Customers can now enjoy the new and improved Agincourt GO station building that will give customers improved station amenities.
- The new station building is LEED certified and includes improved and larger waiting areas.
- The temporary ticketing trailer, washrooms and Presto/fare machines will be removed from the station. Presto machines will be available for you to use in the new station building.
Here’s what else is coming to your station and the community:
- a new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- better connection to Sheppard Avenue at the south end of the platforms; and
- more landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at metrolinx.com/stouffville.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated June 24, 2022 | Renderings subject to change.