All-Day Train Service In and Out of Hamilton!
GO service between Toronto and Hamilton has never been faster, easier, or more affordable!
If you’re commuting from Hamilton to Toronto, our increased train service will save you time and give you more flexibility in your work hours!
Looking for the perfect weekend day trip from Toronto? There are so many places to go in Hamilton! It’s your destination for dining, culture, and natural beauty. Start your adventure with our easy-to-use $10 and $15 Weekend Passes - your ticket to unlimited travel and an escape from an ordinary weekend.
NEW Hourly Trains To and From Hamilton
Taking the GO train to and from Hamilton just got better! Beginning August 7th, 2021, GO Transit will begin ALL-DAY, HOURLY train service between Aldershot and West Harbour GO stations! This is the first time that GO trains have been going in and out of Hamilton all day - and we are just as excited about it as you are!
- 28 new weekday trips to and from West Harbour station.
- 35 new weekend trips to and from West Harbour station.
- Hourly weekend trains to Union starting at 8:13 a.m. - the last train leaves at 11:13 p.m.
- Hourly weekend westbound trains leave Union starting at 6:45 a.m. - the last train leaves at 12:45 a.m.
We are also reinstating 15 minute weekday service across the Lakeshore West line, and reinstating two weekday morning trips to Union Station and two afternoon trips back to West Harbour GO.
- Weekday service from West Harbour GO begins at 5:13 a.m. - the last train leaves at 10:13 p.m.
- Weekday service from Union to West Harbour starts at 6:45 a.m. - the last train departs at 11:45 p.m.
We are committed to getting you where you need to GO!
More Weekday Trains To Cut Your Commute Time
Just like you, the past year and a half has made us extra aware of the value of spending time with friends and family. As you ease back into a return to your office environment, we’re committed to making your commute safe, comfortable, and quick!
- Shave 20 minutes off your trip by getting on the train at West Harbour station rather than taking the bus to Aldershot.
- Use that precious saved time to have breakfast at home with family or grab a pre-work coffee with a friend!
- Get home earlier to help your kids with homework or meet a friend at your favourite patio.
- Hourly trains mean you have the flexibility in your commute to match any new flexible working arrangements!
Get The Best Value With Weekend Passes
Our new Weekend Passes are easy to buy, easy to use, and easy on your wallet! They’re the best choice for making the most of your weekend travel plans. Visit some friends, take a daytrip with the kids, or plan a romantic weekend away - all without the stress of driving. Your Weekend Pass gives you unlimited travel for one low fare!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Weekend passes are only available for purchase online. Buy them HERE!
- Choose a Weekend One-Day pass for $10 - unlimited travel on Saturday OR Sunday OR a Holiday.
- Or, choose a Weekend Pass for $15 - unlimited travel on Saturday AND Sunday AND any additional Holiday.
- Select your station of origin and your intended destination. (Don’t worry - you can get on and off as many times as you like in between!)
- When your purchase is complete, your e-ticket will be emailed to you.
- Weekend passes CANNOT be printed. Use your smartphone to access your e-ticket - hey, you’re already carrying it around with you everywhere anyway!
- Remember to activate your e-ticket 5 minutes before your trip. E-tickets that have not been activated are valid for up to one year from purchase.
- Enjoy your stress-free weekend travel and experience all that the Hamilton area has to offer!
Things To Do In Hamilton - Explore It All!
Whether you’re into hiking trails and finding waterfalls, dining and drinks on patios, or sightseeing at historical landmarks, there are so many amazing things to do in Hamilton!
Check out our list of attractions you can visit by using GO Transit and start planning your trip. You’re sure to find something that will make you want to hop on a train or bus and head to The Hammer this weekend!
- Smokey Hollow Waterfall - Hamilton is the place to go if you love waterfalls, and Smokey Hollow Waterfall is one of the most beautiful! Take a short bus ride on the Hamilton Street Railway from Aldershot GO station.
- Royal Botanical Gardens - Take a stroll and admire the gorgeous gardens and inspiring art installations. It’s a 30 minute bus ride on Burlington Transit from Aldershot GO.
Hamilton GO Centre
- Restaurant Row Hamilton - Foodies will find their personal paradise on King William Street, an old cobblestone road that has been revitalized with restaurants to suit all tastes! It’s a 10 minute walk from Hamilton GO Centre.
- James Street North - If you’re craving culture, this is your destination for art galleries, museums, theatres, and heritage buildings - just a 12 minute walk from Hamilton GO Centre.
- Chedoke Radial Trail - Rock formations and a waterfall await you on your hike along this trail! Take a 27 minute bus ride on the Hamilton Street Railway from Hamilton GO Centre.
- Dundas Valley Conservation Area - A little further away, but worth the trip, is this beautiful forest filled with family friendly trails. Take a 41 minute bus ride on the Hamilton Street Railway.
- Cootes Paradise Sanctuary - Birdwatchers will want to visit this protected forest and wetland. Walk the trails and stop at the scenic lookout to spot some wildlife! This hidden gem is a 10 minute walk from McMaster University.
West Harbour GO
- Bayfront Park - This space has paved trails for walking, running, or cycling. It’s a 9 minute walk from West Harbour GO.
- Hamilton Waterfront Trail - This paved trail connects to Bayfront Park, Cootes Paradise, and Pier 4 Park. Check out some other waterfront trails accessible by GO Transit!
- Dundurn Castle - If you love historical buildings, be sure to tour this 40 room castle, built in 1835. It’s a 25 minute walk from West Harbour GO.
Remember - your Weekend Pass allows you to move easily between stops and stations. Buy yours NOW and take the GO train to Hamilton!
Don’t forget that you can take advantage of our weekend train service and plan a day trip to Toronto!
- See some sharks and jellyfish at Ripley’s Aquarium
- Check out the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario
- Take a stroll through the Distillery District or St. Lawrence Market
- Or, try our new GO bus to the Toronto Zoo!