Travelling on the GO is even easier and more affordable since kids 12 and under always ride free on all GO Trains and Buses!
Masks are optional but welcome on GO Transit. Customers are encouraged to respect their fellow riders' personal choices.
Travel with the family for less!
Sit back, relax and spend some quality time together as a family on the GO. That’s not all, you can save even more with PRESTO Perks. Find out how you can show your PRESTO card to get discounts at some of Toronto’s top attractions (subject to modified operating hours).
Drive less and play more
Here’s some fun things that your family can do during your GO Train or Bus ride:
- Bring along some games that are light and easy to pack such as cards or a small board game.
- Keep the kids entertained along your whole journey with colouring sheets - including a brand new page designed for fall, featuring GO Bear! Plenty more pages are available, including an Adventures on GO colouring book as well as some additional colouring pages featuring GO Bear!
- NEW this winter: Special winter-themed colouring pages, featuring GO bear having fun in the snow!
- Encourage your kids to look for interesting landmarks or animals during the ride. Save money and bring some snacks that you know your family enjoys.
- Print out a map of your trip and count the stations to your destination and point out fun things along the way.
Know before you GO
Just a few things to keep in mind before you travel:
- Children do not require a ticket or PRESTO to travel.
- If children are travelling on trains during rush hour – Monday to Friday before 10:00 am and between 3:00 and 7:00 pm, we ask that they use the lower level. The upper level of all trains is designated as the Quiet Zone by Audible during rush hour.
- Kids 12 and under are also free on TTC & UP Express, if you’re looking to extend your trip around Toronto or to the Pearson Airport!
- If a child transfers to or from another local transit service, they will only be eligible for the co-fare discount when they use a PRESTO card.
- Adults travelling with children can use PRESTO, or they can purchase single-ride adult tickets or day passes at the station or Ticket Vending Machines. Plus, pre-buy your GO train or bus ticket online here!
- If you plan on bringing a large group of kids, please call us at 1-888-GET-ON-GO (438-6646) in advance so we can help accommodate your group.
- We recommend children under 12 are accompanied by an adult when travelling on GO Transit. Children under 6 cannot travel alone.
Top Toronto attractions with PRESTO Perks discounts
Free rides mean more adventures to your favourite attractions! Show your PRESTO card and save at some of Toronto's favourite attractions! Please note: Attraction opening days and operating hours are subject to change throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hockey Hall of Fame
Check out all that the HHOF has to offer, including hands-on access to the Stanley Cup. Save 20% off regular admission when you show your PRESTO card! Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame website for more information.
Ontario Science Centre
Explore more than 500 interactive experiences and take in live demonstrations for every age. Save 20% off general admission rates when you show your PRESTO card at the Box Office. Visit OSC's website for details.