There are a ton of great restaurants in downtown Toronto and surrounding communities—it’s like being able to tour the world without ever leaving the city. Here’s where to eat and drink on your Toronto culinary adventure!
Planning a tour of Toronto’s top restaurants? It’s never been easier to plan ahead. Purchase your e-ticket to Toronto online, or use your PRESTO card for quick, contactless payment before you board. Buy before you board and make your trip to Toronto’s best restaurants an easy one!
Make the most of your weekends, with online GO Transit weekend travel passes for unlimited travel on GO trains and buses. Choose from a $10 single-day pass or a $15 pass for unlimited weekend travel which includes Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays. Buy your weekend pass now!
Let GO be your passport to some of the best restaurants in Toronto, with trains and buses that get you there and back without the hassle of traffic or parking! (We’ve even suggested a few of our favourites...)
Best restaurants in downtown Toronto near Union Station
Station & Route: All GO Trains and most GO Buses to Union Station.
Neighbourhood: Toronto’s downtown core is truly a hot stop for sporting events, bars and great restaurants.
Restaurants within walking distance:
- Canoe: Awarded Canada’s best farm to table restaurants in 2020, this high-end Toronto restaurant celebrates diversity in Canadian cuisine. Located on the 54th floor of the TD tower, Canoe also has one of the very best views of the city
- C’est What: A cozy spot for craft brews and casual food, this hidden gem is located in a charming cellar of an historic building, less than a 10-minute walk from Union Station
- Fresh on Front: One of the best vegan restaurants in Toronto, with a well-curated menu and a diverse selection of options.
Best Restaurants in Toronto Near Bloor GO Station
Neighbourhood: Bloor GO marks the intersection between Bloor West and Roncesvalles neighbourhoods, both bustling, family-friendly areas with great shops and brunch spots.
Top Restaurants within walking distance of Bloor Station:
- Farmhouse Tavern: A 10-minute walk from Bloor GO Station, Farmhouse Tavern serves up gourmet meals using farm-fresh Ontario ingredients. A very cool and low-key fancy restaurant in the Junction Triangle neighbourhood in Toronto
- Henderson Brewing Co: Henderson is dog-friendly and so are our trains! So, bring your furry friend along for the ride and head over to the taproom for some fresh brews
- Kibo Sushi House: A super casual and really good Japanese restaurant in Toronto’s junction neighbourhood. Great for dine in or a quick grab & go.
Best Restaurants Near Exhibition GO Station
Station & Route: Exhibition GO Station along Lakeshore West.
Neighbourhood: Once the epicentre of Toronto’s manufacturing sector, Liberty Village is now home to a vibrant neighbourhood with restaurants, shops and condos galore!
Liberty Village Restaurants within walking distance of Exhibition Station:
- Liberty Commons: Oliver & Bonacini and Big Rock Brewery have teamed up to offer the perfect pairing of brewpub and BBQ restaurant in Toronto
- LOCAL Public Eatery: Find your friends playing shuffleboard here, with a drink in hand. Great energy, fun vibes and the perfect neighbourhood spot
- Mildred’s Temple Kitchen: Weekend brunch never tasted so good! For best results, try the blueberry pancakes.
Best Restaurants Near Square One
Station & Route: GO Bus Routes 21, 25, 29 and 47 travel directly to Square One Bus Terminal.
Neighbourhood: The name of Mississauga’s biggest mall, and home to our GO Bus terminal, Square One. You can live, play and eat in this area.
Top Restaurants within walking distance of Square One:
- Earl’s Kitchen + Wine Bar: Take a load off and treat yourself after a long day of shopping. Earl’s is upscale, yet casual, with a wide selection of dishes to satisfy any palate
- La Carnita: Inspired by Mexican street food, their tacos, street corn and churros always hit the spot. A Mexican restaurant experience that never disappoints
- Red’s Wine Tavern: Cheers to Red’s extensive and well-curated wine collection - a high-end restaurant that’s definitely worth the hype.
Looking for entertainment before or after your meal? Click here to learn about more Toronto attractions, including sporting events, concerts, shopping, travel and shows!
Check out our How to: Plan Your Trip video for all the details.