Join the #GOTransitReads by Legible Book Club!
Published: Mar 31, 2023
Updated: Sep 1, 2023
Are you looking for something new to read on your commute? Join the #GOTransitReads by Legible Book Club and get access to a quarterly complimentary ebook!
Legible is all about making ebooks accessible to everyone with an internet connection — whether on your phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
Now, our partnership with Legible includes the #GOTransitReads Book Club! Legible will be providing a free quarterly ebook redeemable at legible.com/toronto. Read on your commute, at home, and everywhere in between.
What Makes This a Book Club?
Books, conversations, and fun! Many GO riders will be reading the same book at the same time, so we’re expecting a fantastic and insightful dialogue. You can join in, too!
- Follow #GOTransitReads on social media.
- Post your thoughts and opinions, and participate in the discussions on the current ebook.
- Connect with your fellow commuters over your shared enthusiasm for literature.
- Enjoy the book club that fits your busy schedule!
How Do I Get My Free eBook?
It’s so easy to join the #GOTransitReads Book Club and get your quarterly complimentary ebook from Legible!
- Go to legible.com/toronto to access the promo code for the current #GOTransitReads by Legible ebook.
- Log-in or create a Legible account to redeem the promo code for the selected book.
- Enjoy the ebook for 3-months on your GO Transit commute, on your lunch break, at home, or anywhere else.
- Share your thoughts on social media anytime using #GOTransitReads!
Things to note:
- You’ll need to repeat these same steps to access the next complimentary ebook.
- Only one promo code for the #GOTransitReads by Legible ebook can be redeemed per Legible account.
- Only customers located in the Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH) can participate.
- Each ebook will be available for a 3-month timeframe.
- At the end of the month, the book will be replaced with the sample version in your library.
Which eBook Will I Get?
If you are a fan of a historical saga about one woman's fight for survival, you’ll want to join the #GOTransitReads by Legible Book Club from September 7 – November 30 to start reading the current ebook — The Blood of my Mother by Roccie Hill
Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
“Lonesome Dove meets Where the Crawdads Sing. I simply could not put this novel down." (Patricia Wood, author of Lottery, shortlisted for the 2008 Orange Prize for Fiction)
In The Blood of My Mother, a historical saga with many layers, a woman fights for her life as a refugee, slave, mother, and farmer. Acclaimed for her “wonderful” debut novel (Publishers Weekly), Roccie Hill, inspired by the story of her great-great grandmother, presents an unforgettable story of a woman and a place, growing and enduring under multiple flags and through the sorrows and turbulence of history.
"[A] riveting, addictive journey." (Joanne Hardy, author of The Girl in the Butternut Dress)
How Do I Connect to GO Wi-Fi Plus?
Connecting to GO Wi-Fi Plus is easy! If you need a little refresher, just follow these steps to start enjoying our large library of free content:
- When you’re on a GO train or bus, go to the Wi-Fi settings on your device.
- Select the GO Plus network.
- If you’re using an Android device or laptop, open your browser and enter gopluswifi.com (iOS devices and Android 11 and above will redirect automatically).
- Agree to the GO Wi-Fi Plus terms and conditions.
- Click “CONTINUE” to access the free entertainment portal and enjoy our content, including ebooks from Legible!