Great news! Through Ontario’s One Fare Program, transit riders can now enjoy free transfers between GO Transit and the TTC.
- Discover Legible
Are you an avid bookworm? Or maybe one of your New Year’s resolutions is to make more time for pleasure reading. Either way, we have great news for anyone looking to get lost in a story while they READ on the GO!
Reading while you ride is a great way to escape the stress of that morning rush, or unwind after a long day at work or school. This new content provided by Legible gives you even more choices on GO Wi-Fi Plus, so you’re sure to find an ebook you’ll love!
What Is Legible?
Legible is the place where ebooks come to life! With a mission to connect millions of books to billions of readers around the world, Legible provides an immersive reading experience that can be accessed on any device with an internet connection — your phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
Legible offers a selection of approximately two million ebooks from large and small publishers, as well as original multimedia ebooks called Living Books.
We’re so excited to be entering into this partnership with Legible so that our riders can be readers wherever they GO!
What Content Will Be Available on GO Wi-Fi Plus?
To start, Legible will provide GO riders access to free ebooks, along with samples/previews of other popular titles. Soon, Legible will supply a quarterly ebook for the #GOTransitReads program that riders can enjoy on their commute and in their spare time, available on Legible.com.
With an ever-growing collection of curated titles, GO riders will have plenty of ebooks in a variety of genres to discover with Legible.
See the list below to check out what’s available right now, and start deciding which ebook to read first!
Free eBooks From Legible:
- A Trail Called Home – Paul O’Hara
- Do or Die – Barbara Fradkin
- A Victory Garden for Trying Times – Debi Goodwin
- Red Oblivion - Leslie Shimotakahara
- How To Figure Out What to Do With Your Life (Next) - Jennifer Turliuk
- Night Call - Brenden Carlson
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare - E. Nesbit
- Emma - Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
- Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman
- Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
- The Blue Book of Chess - Howard Staunton
- The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
- Concerning the Spiritual in Art - Wassily Kandinsky
- Howard’s End - EM Forster
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight - Jessie L. Weston
- The Hungry Stones and Other Stories - Rabindranath Tagore
- The Secret of Chimneys - Agatha Christie
Samples/Previews Provided by Legible:
- The Perfect Marriage – Jeneva Rose
- Even So – Lauren B. Davis
- Celia, Misoka, I - Xue Yiwei
- Wreck Bay - Barbara Fradkin
- Japanese Story Project - Kunimasa Nerome, Jenny Auld, & Kimiko Fraser
- The Last Thing He Told Me - Laura Dave
- Against the Seas - Mary Soderstrom
- The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern - David McPherson
- Eve's Rib - C.S. O’Cinneide
- Toronto Reborn – Ken Greenberg
- Workday Warrior – Ann Gomez
- The Toronto Book of Love – Adam Bunch
- The Polished Hoe – Austin Clarke
- The Underground Railroad – Adrienne Shad
- The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck
- Dream Work - Mary Oliver
- The Stories of Ray Bradbury - Ray Bradbury
- Collected Stories - Frank O’Connor
- The Bomber Mafia - Malcolm Gladwell
- Suspect - Scott Turow
- Run Rose Run - Dolly Parton & James Patterson
How Do I Access GO Wi-Fi Plus?
Now that you’ve planned which Legible ebooks you want to read right away, here’s a reminder on how to access GO Wi-Fi Plus, where you’ll find the Legible content!
What Is GO Wi-Fi Plus?
GO Wi-Fi Plus is our all-in-one free GO Transit Wi-Fi connection and onboard entertainment portal. Available exclusively to GO riders on every GO train and bus, you’ll enjoy:
- Access to free Wi-Fi to catch up on emails, message friends, or scroll online.
- 200MB of free data when you sign in with your email address
- Access to an extensive entertainment portal that includes popular TV shows, music, podcasts, audiobooks and ebooks.
How To Connect to GO Wi-Fi Plus
Connecting to GO Wi-Fi Plus is easy! Just follow these steps to start enjoying our large library of free content:
- When you’re on a GO train or bus, go to the Wi-Fi settings on your device.
- Select the GO Plus network.
- If you’re using an Android device or laptop, open your browser and enter gopluswifi.com (iOS devices and Android 11 and above will redirect automatically).
- Agree to the GO Wi-Fi Plus terms and conditions.
- Click “CONTINUE” to access the entertainment portal and enjoy our free content, including the free ebooks and samples/previews provided by Legible!
To connect to the free Wi-Fi:
- Click the Web icon at the top of the screen.
- Sign in with your email address to access 200MB of free data.
- Start scrolling, messaging, and updating those socials — maybe with a review or recommendation of your favourite ebook from Legible!