We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Agincourt GO Station. We're updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
There are changes to the way you get into and around your station, as we make improvements onsite. Here’s what this means for you:
At Union Station:
- Listen to the announcements on your train to ensure you’re sitting in the correct car for your stop. Not all cars will open their doors.
- If you are unsure, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador for assistance.
At Agincourt GO:
- We are moving construction fencing on the platform to give you more room to board your train. Three more coaches will be opened by a customer service representative on the platform. Please give them room to open the doors for you.
- The accessible car should be reserved for those who need to use the ramp.
- Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform.
Parking and accessibility changes:
- 50 parking spaces are closed at the north end of the parking lot.
- Replacement parking where the motel used to be is now open.
- Accessible parking spaces and the ramp to the platform are on the north side of the station building.
- The accessible ramp to access the platforms is also on the north side.
- We are extending the pedestrian walkway through the south half of the parking lot towards Sheppard Ave. Look for signage to show you the way.
- We aim to keep community pathways open during construction, but some closures may be required from time to time. We will let you know well in advance if/when closures are scheduled.
Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Milliken and Unionville. Kennedy GO is also under construction.
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
As work progresses, you can expect additional changes to the parking lot layout. However, the current number of parking spaces will always remain as we work to improve your station.
When the south side of the platform work is complete and the first tunnel and elevator are installed, we switch our work to the north side of the station. This means door restrictions will also change.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- new station building that will be LEED certified;
- a new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- better connection to Sheppard Avenue at the south end of the platforms; and
- more landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated Jan 4, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.