We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Agincourt GO Station. We're updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
On Monday, January 20, there will be two major changes at your station that may affect your commute. Here is what you need to know:
- 25 parking spaces on the southwest side of the parking lot (near the townhouses) will be closed.
- The same number of parking spaces will open on the south side of the parking lot (near the station building).
- You can expect more parking changes later this year as construction progresses. We will notify you in advance.
- Take a look at the map below to see where the affected parking spaces are located.
Sheppard Avenue Sidewalk & Staircase:
- The sidewalk between the Agincourt GO Station and Lamont Avenue and the staircase to access the GO station will be closed until late spring 2020.
- Please use the sidewalk on the south side of Sheppard Avenue during this time and cross at the signaled intersection.
- Please give yourself extra time to catch your train if you normally walk to the station.
Agincourt GO construction map
Construction will affect how you board and exit your train. Pay attention to the following to ensure you’re sitting in the correct car for your stop.
- Listen to the announcements on your train. Not all cars will open their doors.
- If you are unsure, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador for assistance.
- Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform.
- Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Milliken and Unionville.
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
As work progresses, you can expect additional changes to the parking lot layout. However, the current number of parking spaces will always remain as we work to improve your station.
When the south side of the platform work is complete and the first tunnel and elevator are installed, we switch our work to the north side of the station. This means door restrictions will also change.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- new station building that will be LEED certified;
- a new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- better connection to Sheppard Avenue at the south end of the platforms; and
- more landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated Jan 14, 2020 | All renderings are subject to change.