We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are coming to Agincourt GO Station. We're updating amenities, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
There will be changes to the way you get into and around your station, as we start to make improvements to your station.
Here’s what this means for you:
At Agincourt GO:
- We are moving construction fencing on the platform to give you more room to board your train. Three more coaches will be opened by a customer service representative on the platform. Please give them room to open the doors for you.
- The accessible car should be reserved for those who need to use the ramp.
- Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform.
At Union Station:
- Listen to on-board announcement to ensure you’re sitting in the correct car for your stop. Not all cars will open their doors.
- If you are unsure, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador for assistance.
Parking and accessibility changes:
- 50 parking spaces are closed at the north end of the parking lot
- Replacement parking where the motel used to be is now open.
- Accessible parking spaces are on the north side of the station building.
- The accessible ramp to access the platforms is also on the north side.
- We are extending the pedestrian walkway through the south half of the parking lot towards Sheppard Ave. Look for signage to show you the way.
- We aim to keep community pathways open during construction, but some closures may be required from time to time. We will let you know well in advance if/when closures are scheduled.
Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also starting at neighbouring GO stations: Milliken and Unionville. Kennedy GO is also under construction.
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station! We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
What we're building
When we're finished in 2021 you'll have access to a new station building and additional amenities to provide more frequent GO train service along the Stouffville line. The station will be able to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years as we gradually increase service to two-way, all-day.
The project includes:
- new second track and platform
- renovated existing platform
- two new pedestrian tunnels - complete with elevators
- platform canopy that will integrate shelters and entrances to tunnels and elevators
- new station building that will be LEED certified
- new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- better connection to Sheppard Avenue at the south end of both platforms
- more landscaping
Through its Regional Express Rail project – better known as GO expansion – Metrolinx is already starting to transform the existing GO rail system from a commuter service to a whole new rapid transit experience for your community. In the next ten years we’re aiming to bring you 15-minute, two-way service between Agincourt GO and Union Station.
Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor by checking Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
Updated Dec 12, 2018