WHAT’S NEXT AT AGINCOURT GO?
WHAT WE'RE DOING
We’re improving your station! When we’re finished you’ll have access to more frequent GO train service and additional amenities. The station will also be able to accommodate the additional 1,000 customers we anticipate in the next 10 years as we gradually increase service to two-way, all-day. Nineteen new weekday midday and evening trips, primarily between Unionville GO Station and Union Station, have already been added.
Here’s what else we’re planning for your station:
- new second track, so trains can run north and south, all day
- fully renovated existing platform and new platform on the east side, so you can get to the trains running in both directions
- two new pedestrian tunnels - complete with elevators - to get to both platforms
- platform canopy that will integrate shelters and entrances to tunnels and elevators
- new station building that will be LEED certified
- new passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- better connection to Sheppard Avenue at the south end of both platforms
- improved connection to and through the station via the new north tunnel, replacing the path along Marilyn Avenue
- more landscaping
We are in the process of hiring a team to finish designing and build the station, and are hoping to start construction by the middle of this year. In our 2016 survey you told us what you thought of the early designs for the station. The team hired to finish the design of the station and rebuild it will know that the requirement is to incorporate the parts of your feedback that fit within our design guidelines. Once we’re further along in the process and have a construction schedule, we’ll share the timing and phasing of the work, as well as more images of what’s to come.
To get timely construction updates by email or text, sign up for On the GO alerts at gotransit.com/onthego