We're transforming your station!
We will be building a new track on the Kitchener GO line, next to the West Toronto Railpath. Part of this work will include construction of a new entrance to Bloor GO Station, a new community park at Ernest Avenue, and a realignment of the Railpath, on behalf of the City of Toronto.
Bloor GO Construction Map
As early as this week, crews will be clearing and removing some of the trees and vegetation located on the West Toronto Railpath between Dundas Street West and Dupont Street. We need to make space for important construction to realign the West Toronto Railpath in the future.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Bollards and benches at entrances to the Railpath from Ruskin Avenue, Ernest Avenue, Randolph Avenue, and Bloor Street will be removed.
- The bike share station located between Randolph Avenue and Harold Avenue will be removed.
- Bike rings on the Railpath will be removed. To park and lock your bike during construction, use the bike rings located on the south side of the station, near the passenger pick-up and drop-off area.
- The steel sculptures located between Bloor Street and Dundas Avenue will be removed.
- When you are using the Railpath, you may be briefly stopped by flag people to ensure your safety while this work occurs.
- This work will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on weekdays.
- After some trees and vegetation are cleared in about three weeks, construction to build a noise wall on the Railpath will begin.
Bike rings, bollards, benches, and three of the four sculptures are expected to be put back in place near the station when construction is complete on the Railpath in about a year.
Later this fall, there will be an approximately 12-month detour required via Ernest Avenue, Perth Avenue and Bloor Street West for the construction of the new pedestrian tunnel and pavilion at Bloor GO Station. Directional signs will be in the area to help you along your way.
How You'll Benefit
We’re bringing the following improvements to Bloor GO Station and surrounding area:
- A new, approximately 2.5-kilometer section of fourth track, will be installed from Lansdowne Avenue to Dupont Street to increase capacity on the Kitchener Line.
- A new pedestrian tunnel will connect Bloor GO Station with Randolph Avenue and a covered pedestrian pavilion will be added to access the station
- Realignment of the West Toronto Railpath multi-use trail and the addition of plantings, gardens, and seating
- A new community park along the West Toronto Railpath at Ernest Avenue
- Noise barrier and retaining wall installation
- Changes to the existing Bloor Street West pedestrian bridge, which will include a taller fence on the west side of the bridge to increase safety.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Last updated August 26, 2022 | Renderings are subject to change