We're improving your station!
We’re enhancing accessibility and safety features at your station as part of GO Expansion.
Port Credit GO Construction Map
South Platform Elevator Closure
We’re enhancing accessibility features at your station as part of GO Expansion. The south platform elevator is out of service while we make important upgrades over a period of three months. Here’s what you need know:
- If you have accessibility needs, use the ramp at the northwest corner of the south parking lot by the Kiss & Ride.
- After we finish upgrading the south platform elevator, upgrades will start on the island platform elevator. We will inform you in advance.
The elevators at the station are getting close to the end of their lifespan and upgrades will make them more efficient and reliable.
The stairs between the bus loop and the south platform are closed. We need this space as we work to create a new accessibility ramp beside the stairs. Please use the tunnels at the GO station building to get to the train platforms. You can also use the ramp at the northwest corner of the south parking lot by the Kiss & Ride to get to the south platform.
Also the PRESTO Fare Payment Device on the west side of the stairs (between the bus loop and the south platform) have been temporarily removed.
The digital screen with trip information and the PRESTO Fare Payment Device on the east side of the stairs (also between the bus loop and the south platform) have been temporarily removed. The machines will be put back in place once the west ramp construction is complete in spring 2021.
There are PRESTO Fare Payment Devices at the GO station building and on the ramp at the northwest corner of the south parking lot by the Kiss & Ride for you to use. Digital screens are available on the train platforms and in the GO station building.
We are installing tactile yellow safety tiles on the north edge of the south platform overnight until later next month, to remind you how far back to stand. This will not affect how you get on the GO.
Please be careful around construction equipment until this work is complete.
West Ramp Construction
We are building a new accessible ramp connecting the bus loop to the south platform. There are some temporary changes to how you access your train and bus.
- MiWay bus service to platform 8 has relocated to platform 5
- You can still access the stairs to the south platform. Follow signs to help you along your way.
We plan to continue construction on the platform, accessibility ramp and elevators that may affect how you access the trains. We will inform you ahead of time. We expect to complete all improvements in late 2021.
How You Will Benefit
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
We’re preparing your station for GO Expansion by:
- Adding tactile yellow tiles at the edge of the train platforms to remind you how far back to stand;
- Making minor repairs to train platforms including patchwork and curb improvements;
- Upgrading the elevators that connect the island and south platform;
- Adding an accessible ramp that will connect the bus loop to the south platform; and
- Widening the accessible ramp east of the station building.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
Stay in the Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To get updates sent directly to your inbox or phone, sign up for email or text alerts or follow the Lakeshore West line on Twitter. Learn more about GO expansion on the Lakeshore West line.
Updated: January 15, 2020