We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Parking changes start January 20:
- 50 parking spaces next to the train platform and at the back of the main lot will be closed for construction until later this year.
- 90 parking spaces were already opened on the south side of the main lot.
- Please follow signs and give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going.
- A new track and island platform is now open.
- The existing track and existing platform is out of service so we can safely work on two new tunnels.
- New platform entrances will safely lead you to your new platform – one will be near the station building and another farther south to give you direct access from the parking lot.
- The way you currently board your train will not change – boarding restrictions remain the same.
How To Board Your Train
When travelling from Unionville towards Union Station:
- Use the north side of the temporary platform to get on your train.
- The ramp will still be available to those who need to board the accessible car.
- Use our online map below and signage at the station to help you get on the GO.
- Remember to spread out along the platform and board all available doors.
- Don’t forget, station improvements and boarding restrictions are also happening at other stations along the Stouffville line.
When travelling from Union Station towards Unionville:
- Please board coaches closest to Bay Street. Only those coaches will open at Unionville GO.
- Listen to the announcements on your train or ask a customer service ambassador for assistance.
Unionville construction map
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
Access to your GO station and service will continue to change as construction progresses. Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to your train or bus during the construction.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- more parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bike storage room; and
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated Jan 17, 2020 | All renderings are subject to change.