We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
We’re preparing for more Stouffville service in the future by building you a second track, new platform and tunnel. This work will change how you board your train:
When travelling from Unionville towards Union Station:
- Use the north side of the platform to get on your train.
- The ramp will still be available to those who need to board the accessible car.
- Use our online map below and signage at the station to help you get on the GO.
- Remember to spread out along the platform.
- Don’t forget, station improvements and boarding restrictions are also happening at other stations along the Stouffville line, making it even more important to use all the doors and platform available to you.
When travelling from Union Station towards Unionville:
- Please board coaches closest to Bay Street. Only those coaches will open at Unionville GO.
- Listen to the announcements on your train or ask a customer service ambassador for assistance.
- 25 parking spaces in the southwest corner of the main lot will be closed for construction.
- We need room to work on the east side train platform.
- You can park in the new lot off the GO access road. See the map below.
Construction map of Unionville GO
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
We are working on building you a new parking lot to give you access to more parking spaces. We've also started preliminary work to build you a second track and platform. We will let you know of any upcoming changes.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- more parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bike storage room; and
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!<
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated October 17, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.