We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
You will notice station access changes at your station.
Unionville Paving Map:
Unionville Paving Map
Starting Monday August 9, spaces in the west lot will be closed for construction. This will take a week to complete and you will benefit from:
- Resurfacing of the pavement.
- Repainting the lines to ensure the safety of our customers.
Parking will remain available in the east portion of the lot. Please be careful around construction equipment while we complete this work.
- A new east platform has opened and is available for you to use. The west platform is closed for construction.
- New entrances safely lead you to your platform and give you direct access from the parking lot. There are guardrails along these new pathways for your safety.
- The new platform means a shorter walk from the bus loop and parking lot to where you board your train.
How To Board Your Train
Due to recent service changes, you may have to adjust where you normally board your train. Some coaches will not open from outside of the train. Please spread out along the platform and keep the accessibility coach available for those who need it most.
Access to your GO station and service will continue to change as construction progresses. Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to your train or bus during the construction.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2021, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- more parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bicycle storage room which will be apart of our reserved bicycle parking program.
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated July 29, 2021 | Renderings subject to change.