We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Over the next few months there will be a series of parking changes at Unionville GO.
New parking lot:
- Starting August 6, over 320 new parking spaces will be available in the new parking lot before we start work in the main lot.
- The new lot is located on the east side of the station. Use the GO Access Road to get there.
- Please use the new walkways provided to get from the lot to the station.
Main parking lot:
- Starting August 6, construction will start in the main parking lot near the platforms.
- Over 200 parking spaces will be closed in phases as we work on underground utilities needed for your new station amenities.
- Please use the new parking lot on the east side of the station while we work.
- Stay safe during construction by paying attention to your surroundings and following signage at the station so you know where to park and how to get to your platform.
New track and platform:
- Our contractor is working on the west side of the tracks. They're also installing support beams for your new second track and second platform.
- Adding a second track and platform will mean that in the future you will be able to access trains travelling in both directions throughout the day.
- Construction crews will enter the site from a temporary road off Enterprise Blvd. Please be mindful of large construction vehicles entering/exiting from this new roadway.
Construction map of Unionville GO
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
We are working on building you a new parking lot to give you access to more parking spaces. We've also started preliminary work to build you a second track and platform. We will let you know of any upcoming changes.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- more parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bike storage room; and
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated July 29, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.