We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Starting Monday, August 10, you will notice additional parking and station access changes at your station.
- A new east platform will be open and available for you to use. The west platform will be closed for construction.
- New entrances will safely lead you to your platform and give you direct access from the parking lot. There will be guardrails along these new pathways for your safety.
- The new platform means a shorter walk from the bus loop and parking lot to where you board your train.
- We're re-opening 125 parking spaces next to the station building.
How To Board Your Train
Due to recent service changes, you may have to adjust where you normally board your train. Some coaches will not open from outside of the train. Please spread out along the platform and keep the accessibility coach available for those who need it most.
Construction Map of Unionville GO
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
Access to your GO station and service will continue to change as construction progresses. Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to your train or bus during the construction.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2021, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- more parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bike storage room; and
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated August , 2020 | All renderings are subject to change.