WHAT’S NEXT AT UNIONVILLE GO?
What we're doing
Construction crews are clearing land to build a new parking lot and need unrestricted access to the site. Do not park along the GO access road between the parking lot and YMCA Blvd. Vehicles parked along this road will be towed.
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
We’re building new amenities to provide more frequent GO train service along the Stouffville line. The station will be able to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years as we gradually increase service to two-way, all-day.
The project includes:
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing the stairs with ramps;
- providing designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- adding approximately 300 new parking spaces;
- adding canopies and integrated shelters to the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- improving accessibility with new pedestrian tunnels and elevators;
- adding a bike storage room;
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping;
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snow-melting system; and
- a second track, a new turnaround track up to Enterprise Dr., so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line.
Through its Regional Express Rail project – better known as GO expansion – Metrolinx is already starting to transform the existing GO rail system from a commuter service to a whole new rapid transit experience for your community. In the next ten years we’re aiming to bring you 15-minute, two-way service between Unionville and Union Station.
Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor by checking Metrolinx.com/GOexpansion.