We're Transforming Your Station!
Major improvements are underway at Unionville GO Station. We're updating amenities, adding more parking, enhancing accessibility and, making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Construction crews are clearing land to build a new parking lot and need unrestricted access to the site. Do not park along the GO access road between the parking lot and YMCA Blvd. Vehicles parked along this road will be towed.
Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Milliken and Agincourt. Kennedy GO is also under construction.
Click on our travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
We are working on building you a new parking lot to give you access to more parking spaces. In 2019, we will start working on other areas of the station, including on platforms. We will let you know of any upcoming changes.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service.
By the end of 2020, you will have access to:
- a new island platform and a relocated east platform with a snowmelt system;
- a second track, a new turnaround track, so that trains can travel in both directions on this portion of the Stouffville line;
- new pedestrian tunnels and elevators for improved accessibility;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- designated pedestrian paths through the parking lot;
- approximately 300 new parking spaces;
- easier access from the parking lot to the platforms by replacing stairs with ramps;
- a bike storage room; and
- improved signage, lighting and landscaping.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated Jan 8, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.