Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
- Safety Tips
Train Safety Tips
The Yellow Line:
- Stand behind the yellow line, unless you're the train.
Waiting on the Platform:
- Always spread out along the platform to avoid overcrowding the platform in one section.
- As trains arrive and depart platforms, stand still and wait for them to come to a complete stop.
Crossing Train Tracks:
- Crossing tracks illegally can result in serious or fatal injury. On platforms, never cross train tracks anywhere at any time.
- At railway crossings, use the designated crossings; they're designed to keep you safe. And never rush to cross ahead of a train.
Mind the Gap:
- Watch out for any gaps between the platform and the train when boarding and exiting.
In case of an emergency, every train is equipped with emergency exits, first aid kits, MIKEY defibrillators, and emergency equipment. Also, our Customer Service Ambassador (CSA) on board every train is trained to provide assistance during an emergency. Safety is the responsibility of everyone; please familiarize yourself with our full Emergency Evacuation plan.
Bus Safety Tips
Don't chase the bus:
- Chasing after buses can lead to accidents and injuries. Please wait for the next bus.
Yellow lines on the bus platforms:
- Wide yellow lines help make sure you’re a safe distance away from the bus driving area while waiting on the platform.
- Installation of new signs advising pedestrians that they could be fined if they choose to walk in prohibited areas of GO bus loops.
- Talking and texting can lead to accidents. Don't become distracted around buses while on platforms, especially when boarding/disembarking.
- Always remain aware of your surroundings.
Please buckle up when seatbelts are available; it's the law:
- As a result of a legislative change, new buses added to our fleet will have seatbelts. It is second nature for everyone to put on a seatbelt when getting into a car, and it should be no different when you’re on a GO bus equipped with seatbelts.
- For those travelling with young passengers, children should be secured by their guardian in the correct child restraint system for their age and size using the seatbelt.
- When travelling after dusk, you may request the bus to make a stop anywhere along the route, as long as the driver can stop the bus safely.
- Be sure to let your driver know in advance where you'd like to get off.
In the event of an emergency, all of our buses are equipped with emergency equipment, including evacuation windows, hatches, first aid kits, and fire extinguishers. It's important to follow the instruction of GO personnel, police, fire, and emergency response teams during any emergency or evacuation.
Driving Safety Tips
- Drive within the speed limit in parking lots.
- Respect your fellow passengers by practicing courteous and safe parking.
- Please park in designated spaces only. We ask that you do your part to avoid blocking in other vehicles, emergency exits and accessible spaces. This could result in your vehicle being ticketed and/or towed.
When driving over a railway crossing, always remember to:
- Use caution when driving over train tracks, and always obey crossing signals.
- When approaching a crossing in a vehicle, look both ways along the track for an oncoming train and be prepared to stop if required.
- When the warning lights are activated, and a train is approaching, do not stop in the middle of the tracks under any circumstance—stop at least 5 metres from the nearest rail and proceed across the tracks only when the lights have stopped flashing and the tracks are clear.
Station Safety Tips
- Rushing on stairs can lead to serious injury. Be aware of your surroundings and give yourself extra time during bad weather conditions.
In an emergency at any GO station or building, GO personnel will initiate emergency evacuation procedures. Instructions on how to safely exit the facility will be announced over the public address system. GO staff, police, and fire, or ambulance crews will determine the best evacuation method for passengers with mobility aids.
Bike Safety Tips
Lock it up:
- Remember always to lock your bike when parking at a GO facility, and register it with the city in which you're locking it up.
Reporting Sexual Assault & Harassment
If you witness or are victim to sexual assault or harassment, please report it.
There is zero tolerance for this behaviour. No report is insignificant, and each case is treated with respect and confidentiality.
There are many ways to report; find any GO employee for help, call transit safety dispatch at 1-877-297-0642, text “HELP” to 77777 to communicate with our Customer Protective (You can chat with us in over 100 languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Tagalog, and Arabic. Standard message rates may apply), press the yellow strip, or call 911.
If you See Something, Say Something
Please report unattended or suspicious packages to any GO employee, call transit safety dispatch at 1-877-297-0642, text “HELP” to 77777 to communicate with our Customer Protective (You can chat with us in over 100 languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Tagalog, and Arabic. Standard message rates may apply), press the yellow strip, or call 911.