If you travel between the same two GO Train stations consistently, you can have a default trip set for your PRESTO card. A default trip means you only tap on at the beginning of your train trip and you don’t need to tap off at the end of your train trip. Default trips are only for GO Train trips, not for GO Bus trips.
Default trips can now be set right on the PRESTO App on a NFC enabled smartphone. There’s no longer a need to visit customer service counters in-person or speak with a customer service agent.
To set up a default trip on the PRESTO App, you’ll need to:
- Open the PRESTO App,
- Go to the “settings” menu (the cog wheel icon)
- Click on ‘Set GO Default Trip’,
- Click on ‘GO TRAIN STATION 1’, and select the GO station (that you will be departing from) and then click on GO TRAIN STATION 2’ (the destination GO station)
- Click the ‘Set default trip’ button.
- Follow the NFC instructions – placing your PRESTO card on the back of your smartphone.
You can also use the app to change or remove your GO default trip.
If you would like to set your default train trip in-person, visit a GO station ambassador at Union Station or a participating GO ticket agency.
How to Override Your Default Trip if You Make Another Trip
- Press the Mode button on the PRESTO device 1 time and then tap to override your default trip.
- At the end of your trip, remember to tap off. Your default trip will still be set to your card the next time you take the GO Train.
If You Make a Return Trip Within Three Hours
- For your initial trip, travel as you normally would.
- Before making your return trip, press the Mode button until you see the override option, and tap on. At your destination, tap off.