GO Bus Route 21
GO Bus Route 21
- GO Bus Route 21
GO Bus Route 21 connects with Lakeshore West trains at Oakville, Clarkson, and Port Credit GO stations.
To provide you with reliable and consistent service, we continually monitor travel times, traffic conditions, construction schedules, and ridership data. Based on our findings, from time to time we make changes to our routes to improve service reliability for customers.
Here's what you need to know:
- Most route 21 buses no longer serve Union Station Bus Terminal. If you’re travelling from Union Station, take Lakeshore West trains to connect with your bus at Oakville, Clarkson, or Port Credit GO.
- Route 21A includes stops at Milton GO, Trafalgar Park & Ride, Sheridan College, and Oakville GO.
- On weekdays: most 21A trips between Oakville an dMilton will run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- Route 21B includes stops at Lisgar GO, Meadowvale GO, Streetsville GO, Erin Mills Transitway, and Clarkson GO.
- On weekday evenings: 21B trips between Clarkson and Lisgar GO will run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- On weekends: 21B servicee will rul hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- Route 21C includes stops at Erindale GO, Square One, Cooksville GO, and Port Credit GO.
- Most 21C trips between Port Credit and Erindale GO on weekdays and weekends will run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- Route 21D includes hourly weekday express trips between Lisgar, Meadowvale, and Clarkson GO. Express trips do not stop at Erin Mills Transitway or Streetsville GO.
- Faster trips and better connections for customers heading further west to Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, and beyond.
- Connections with GO bus routes at Trafalgar Park & Ride and Erin Mills Transitway.
- Route 21 no longer serves Dixie GO station. Please ensure you are aware of your transit options if you use this stop.
- Sign up for Lakeshore West On the GO alerts to keep updated on construction and service changes on your train line.
Why do buses no longer go downtown?
Prior to April 8, 2023, route 21 had been negatively impacted by ongoing construction on the Gardiner Expressway, with nearly half of last year’s weekend trips delayed by more than 40 minutes. This resulted in poor reliability and longer trips for our customers. We heard our customers' concerns and changes were implemented to the route to help reduce delays.
To help improve reliability for those travelling along the Milton corridor, we made the decision to avoid the Gardiner and route people through the nearest Lakeshore West GO station.
This ensures our ongoing commitment to reliability and consistency for our customers. We have been in communication with our partners and will continue to work collaboratively going forward.
How do I connect to the bus from the GO train station?
How can I pay my fare?
To pay your fare, you can tap your PRESTO card, tap your credit/debit card, buy an e-ticket or pass, or buy a paper ticket. Check our Fare Information page for more information on ways to pay.
If you are tapping with a PRESTO card, credit, or debit card, ensure that you tap on and off each portion of your journey to be charged the correct fare.
If you have a default trip set to your payment card, remember that you still need to tap on and off the bus, every time.